News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Saturday im off to the dealer to deal on a Tiger SE

Started by TallRob, July 17, 2009, 03:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallRob

Anyone have any "contructive" things that I should have the dealer do to the bike before I ride off into the searing heat of socal?

2004Tiger

You, personally, must check fluid levels and tire pressure before you ride off. Get a good deal. Congrats, enjoy.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

The Kurgan

Check the chain tension while on the Tiger. If you can't do both, have one of the tech's check it while you're on the Tiger. The newer Tigers are particularly sensitive to overly tight chains.

I would also check to make sure that they DIDN'T OVERFILL the crankcase with oil. That can be very bad for seals.

I would also make sure its idling smoothly. If you sense its kind of rough at idle, I would ask to get your throttle bodies checked/balanced.
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

Sin_Tiger

Get the dealer to put the TOR tune in at the first service even if you are staying with the standard can. I was a bit skeptical about this advice but it did make an immediately noticable difference in smoothness of throttle response around town particularly.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint