News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

supercub fly in - any one going?

Started by aeronca, June 27, 2009, 01:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

The NW Super Cub fly in is today!

Friday evening 6/26 B-B-Que
Saturday 6/27 Early - Gravel bar Inspections
0900 Pilots meeting
1000 STOL demonstrations with classes
1300 Flour Spreading Demonstrations
1500 Flying Machine Rides

Breakfast, Lunch available, as well as a catered Dinner with awards on Saturday Evening.

Please use 122.9 for all coms and keep traffic to North of railroad tracks.
Caution-Sky diving 1/2 mile NW of the Field.
Land to West and Depart to East.
Fuel and showers avail 1 mile NW at Harvey Field (S43)
Camping on the field.

Driving Directions:
I5 North to Everett, Wa. and take exit #195 onto Highway 2 east. Exit Highway 2 at 88th St and turn right at the off ramp. Take a left onto Lincoln Ave and drive for 1.8 miles. Watch for signs to turn left into the Air Park.Follow the dirt road to the field.
Hwy 9- North to Nursery south of Snohomish, Turn right and follow road around airport, across river. Turn Right at stop sign and parallel river until your reach Lincoln. Turn Right and watch for signs

any one going? i'll be there on the tiger in the morning. should be lots of fun and its an awsome area to ride around.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "aeronca"Please use 122.9 for all coms and keep traffic to North of railroad tracks.
Caution-Sky diving 1/2 mile NW of the Field.
Land to West and Depart to East.
Fuel and showers avail 1 mile NW at Harvey Field (S43)
Camping on the field.

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

I am sorry for laughing but I don't think I ever saw directions for a fly in before even though two close friends are ATC and I cracked up when I read that.

" have to find somewhere to put the cabbage crate down old boy, toodle pip "   :icon_salut
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

Flying lawn furniture. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "JetdocX"Flying lawn furniture. :lol:

:ImaPoser

You put me in mind of this old Darwin Award (I'm assuming we all know about Darwin Awards...?) :

http://darwinawards.com/stupid/stupid1998-11.html
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aeronca

so i was sitting with the kids by the active watching the s.t.o.l. compition, and this guy completly blew his landing, bounced a couple of times, and then started skidding - right at me and the kids.  i knocked my son downand covered him while my daughter ran. the guys tire hits the fence 1 foot from me and then slides down the entire length into another fence just missing 3 other people :shock: . i didnt film him cause i thought he was boring - boy was i wrong. i got photo's of the aftermath though - will post them soon. earlier i was there on the tiger - and as usual, i was the only bike, but later there was a couple of dudes on bikes. all in all a pretty cool day. 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "aeronca"and then started skidding - right at me and the kids.  ....... the guys tire hits the fence 1 foot from me and

And they tell us motorcycling is dangerous  :shock: that could really ruin your weekend, glad you all came out unscathed.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aeronca

nah, its all good. makes for an interesting day :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Quote from: "aeronca"nah, its all good. makes for an interesting day :D

Coming down for the Air Races this year? :D
From parts unknown.

aeronca

i've alway's wanted to come down threre for the races, but never made it. may be this year would be the one :)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

ok here'some pic's. these were shot by another supercub.org member. page through and you'll see me and my son laying on the ground as the plane that almost hit us rolls by later my daughter is in the shots. i got a brown hat on. it was a great time, next year i want to see mor tiger's there though 8)   http://dev.gritch.org/cub/index.html
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "aeronca". i got a brown hat on.

Can just about make out his wheel tracks in the grass, surprised you don't have brown trousers on  :oops:

aeronca

it was pretty close, i felt bad for the guy flying - must have scared the living sh*t out of him. it was a great show though, as soon as i get my camera down loaded into the computer, i'll try and post a video of this one guy and his cub - AMAZING. thats all's i can say about him. he used to win at gulcana(akaska) alot. any way's, hope you all enjoyed the photo's. check out supercub.org - it's like the adv rider of the sky.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!