News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

If you Don't Like Politics... Read Something Else

Started by TigerTrax, July 02, 2009, 10:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

I think the Obama healthcare thing is a big deal for American's.  I honestly think it represents a turning point, like it did in the UK post war.  

This is a change of direction from individual responsibility to state responsibility and my guess is that for the average tiger riding American, this is a dollar out of your pocket and into the pocket of someone who doesn't work so hard.

I reckon the Government took about 60% of what I earned last year one way or another.....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

redbirds

I guess it is just a matter of a different culture Harre. The right to the exclusive use of private property is traditional in the US. Because we are a large country, land is relatively inexpensive and we are not offended by "no tresspassing" signs. I can understand how Sweden, in order to provide the maximum amount of outdoor actvities for citizens, would do things differently. All that really matters is that you are satisfied with your governments policies.  :occasion14

John, your point is undeniably true.
Living vicariously through myself.

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "redbirds"All that really matters is that you are satisfied with your governments policies.  :occasion14

Now that's a different ballgame entirely, it's the old adaage you can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but there's no way to do all the people all the time!

I guess it looks different from over here because we have had the National Heath service for years. It gets complained at, abused, and kicked around politically, but it's still a great thing when you need it!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Geoff D

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"but it's still a great thing when you need it!

:twisted:  hmmm don't get me started
The older I get the faster I was...

aeronca

besides, harre, you have all those hot sweedish nurse's over there :lol:  :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

harre

nurses are always hot, aren't they? :D

Nick Calne

Can we hi-jack this thread and make a 'top hot nurse' photo competition?   :wink:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

oxnsox

It's a good thought Nick....

Because despite the fact that we don't all live in America, or England, or Sweeden or New Zealand, and that we all have different ways of measuring and accepting the individual freedoms that make up our societies, through taxes and laws and education and health care.....

We'll probably all agree on what a Hot-nurse is  (and that bacon is a good thing).
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mustang

Quote from: "oxnsox"It's a good thought Nick....

Because despite the fact that we don't all live in America, or England, or Sweeden or New Zealand, and that we all have different ways of measuring and accepting the individual freedoms that make up our societies, through taxes and laws and education and health care.....

We'll probably all agree on what a Hot-nurse is  (and that bacon is a good thing).
:ImaPoser  :love10

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "oxnsox"We'll probably all agree on what a Hot-nurse is  (and that bacon is a good thing).

New thread with a Poll  :lol:

Living in Singapore the common expression is "The government says you are Free ........... to go live somewhere else if you don't like it here" being a Jock I have a propensity to moan but even after a short period of consideration we have a lot to be thankful for here in what I think of as a benign dictatorship.

If I dissappear off the face of the earth tonight you'll know what's happened  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

redbirds

First "Hot Nurse" photo

Living vicariously through myself.

Geoff D

The older I get the faster I was...

The Midnight Rambler

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

brad1098

02 black-Lorna

Gungho1989

I will not stop flying my US flag, I fought for the right and honor to fly it but I needed some way to show where I stand so the wife and I now fly the Gadsen below the US flag in place of my Marine Corps Flag.
 I have the Gadsen on all my Vehicles and hopefully when if all goes well and I can pick up my 1995 Tiger this weekend it will sport one as well.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government strong enough to take everything you have" - Thomas Jefferson