News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

skinny ass on ma tip toes

Started by coachgeo, July 06, 2009, 11:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

on my two Tigers both have Corbins.  I also have a stock seat not installed.  One of the corbins is trash though.

Butt.....  yes pun intended.... I have a small butt... seats are a little wide  for me and my skinny hips it seems; though I only sat there contemplating for about 10 mins.  My toes reach the ground thats it. (I'm 5'8 but apparently shrinking?)

Any suggestions?

I will search later but if anyone has link(s) to threads  on lowering the steamer please aim me in that direction
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Mustang

the easy quick way is to roll the eccentric chain adjusters over 180 degrees and you can lose 3/4 to an inch of height and the pull the fork tubes up in the triple trees to match at about 3/4 to an inch . you must also shim the rear chaingaurd mount up about 3/4 of an inch to keep the chain from rubbing

and with the stock seat it doesn't make you spread your legs as wide so you can touch down easier too with out the corbins .

REGULATOR

if it was a 955 Id swap with ya...

coachgeo

JetdocX

Tigers are for big-fat old dudes.  What is wrong with you man? :lol:
From parts unknown.

coachgeo

Quote from: "JetdocX"Tigers are for big-fat old dudes.  What is wrong with you man? :lol:
Im the kind guys my age and older hate... and cougars love.  10 years older than I look and could not be fat even if I tried.  Granted 30+ years of gymnastics has something to do with that too.

Unfortunately can't find a place in my heart for Cougars. :shock:   Tigers.... now that was love at first site. :lol:

HappyMan

Quote from: "coachgeo"
Quote from: "JetdocX"Tigers are for big-fat old dudes.  What is wrong with you man? :lol:
Im the kind guys my age and older hate... and cougars love.  10 years older than I look and could not be fat even if I tried.  Granted 30+ years of gymnastics has something to do with that too.

Unfortunately can't find a place in my heart for Cougars. :shock:   Tigers.... now that was love at first site. :lol:

Wow!  You don't even know me and you are right.  I hate you!  Skinny and young looking and you're hoping I could give you some advice on how you can feel more comfortable on your Tiger?  Gain some weight so the suspension compresses more...... :roll:

.......just kidding of course.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

oxnsox

Quote from: "coachgeo"(edit) but if anyone has link(s) to threads  on lowering the steamer please aim me in that direction
Once you put the new Donk in the chassis it'll sit lower...
Job done.
:lol:  :lol:
...Next
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dr. Mordo

You could possibly trade a Corbin to someone for a stock seat which is lower.  I'm 5'8" also and the Corbin is just a bit too tall for me.  I have thought about doing Mustang's trick to lower the bike, but have so far been too lazy to do it.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

coachgeo

I also have a stock seat that came extra with one of the purchaces. So I'll have a Corbin to sell.