News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2006 Triumph Tiger damaged - $3290 (Saugus, Massachusetts)

Started by EvilBetty, July 09, 2009, 06:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

The Kurgan

gel front and rear.

That would make a nice parts bike!
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

Stretch

Poor thing.  Some unappreciative jackass wrecked it, and now he's giving up on her.  She just needs a little love...

Mustang

Quote from: "Stretch"Poor thing.  Some unappreciative jackass wrecked it, and now he's giving up on her.  She just needs a little love...
More likely scenario is Insurance wrote it off because it was more to repair than pay-off book .
It has a salvage title more than likely

Stretch

Yes, through no fault of her own, she's being given up for dead.  Perhaps a kind, caring Tiger lover will bring her back from the brink of Parts Bikery.

Fe Man

This doesn't look too bad. I spoke to the guy and I think I could get it rolling pretty easily.

What sort of issues could someone expect in try to put this back on the road.

The Kurgan

For that amount of money, I can only assume that there's more damage than what you can tell in the photos. You need to check to see if the forks are tweeked/bent, rim(s) bent, frame weld points, tank, etc. Its the few expensive bits that can really create a big $$ project. I agree that it could be very salvagable depending on what is really damaged.
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

Fe Man

The guy claims that there is only cosmetic damage; broken fairing, broken front fender, broken left pannier, broken left foot peg, cracked dash.
18,149 miles

I'm trying to find eyes on the ground in Boston to go look at the bike.

zombie

I've gotta drop someone to the airport in Boston on monday so I'll try and swing by and take a look see, altho it sounds like a good deal it can be a real pain to get up and inspected.
All the stuff on the insurance report has to be replaced with new to pass inspection  , at least in Massachusetts so check with your DMV to see what your regs are.
If the frame is written off on the insurance company paperwork then that means it is unrepairable and needs to be replaced as most DMV's will not accept a repaired frame without engineers reports and so on.
I have titled a written off bike before and by the time I was done I could have just bought the same bike with clean title for a few more bucks.
I think 3250 is too high for a salvaged tiger as the rebuilt title will follow the bike everywhere and considerably drop the value of the bike..

Fe Man

GA is a breeze; $150, an inspection and you're good to go!

Fe Man

Working on sending him the money, that bitch is mine!!!!