News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by atokad, July 28, 2009, 11:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atokad

Got it Stretch. Thanks again. I have a manual that the PO gave me that's for a 2007 and I have a 2006. I need to sell/trade it to someone for the proper 2006 manual. Apparently there was a Triumph Part# that was originally giving the 2007 manual and I guess that is why the PO had the 2007 manual.

OK, I digressed a bit there. My point is that is the only reference I had and according to the 2007 Service Manual, a Triumph "TuneBoy" or whatever it is called is what is needed to synch the TB's.  Simply plug in under the seat, and set them through this "tool".  If that's the case - I'll probably take it to the stealer for the TB synch.

No liquid, vacuum hose B.S. etc etc.  Is that accurate per the 2006 too as far as you know?

Thanks again - feel free to delete or move this post elsewhere if needed.

Stretch

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

walker

if the 2006 has the same set screws and hoses as the earlier one, I would say it's not the case.... all the part schematics show the same ECM and evaporative controls as a 2003 model (the air valve thing you disconnect to sync them is the same).

I think you have to plug into the ECM to set the idle on all of them, but to sync the throttle bodies, it's like the other 955 motors....