News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Decal Sizes

Started by Sin_Tiger, July 31, 2009, 03:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I need a bit of help with the dimensions of the body decals if somebody would be kind enough. I am trying to get them made up by Mike at Bike Decals in the UK, a good bit cheaper than the originals.

Another question, were the original decals laquered over or just bare stuck onto the paint?

My thanks and apologies to whoever owns the bike I nicked the pics from :oops:

Cheers
Niall
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

Roughly :
26" X 12.75" for the tank

5.5" X 2.25" for the front fairing

Mine is a 98 and I do not have the triumph emblem between the lights

I do have a small Union Jack middle top of the front fairing and two same sized flag decals on the side fairings, down low right above the rubber bumper.
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Another question, were the original decals laquered over or just bare stuck onto the paint?

Cheers
Niall
the original decals would have been clearcoated over

Sin_Tiger

Thanks JD, you've done this before haven't you?

Rubber Bumper? Are you pulling my leg again?  :lol:

All of the Union Jacks I've seen pics of seem to be the type with the thick clear coating, is that origianl type? Some of them are a normal square flag and some appear to be a flapping flag, which was original?

Not trying to make it concours but I'd like to have her looking the part since I am (and you) going to the trouble.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Mustang"the original decals would have been clearcoated over

Thanks Mustang  :icon_salut

JetdocX

Mine are small and not flapping and like a raised (foam puffy) sticker not clear coated.  I like the flapping ones better, FWIW.
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"Mine are small and not flapping ..............................  I like the flapping ones better, FWIW.

:oops:  :lol:

Inclined to agree with you.

Mustang

95's had the waving , bigger union Jack . 98's had the little square ones .
the 95's also had the Triumph decal between the top of the headlights 98's did not , 98's also don't have the graphic on the side covers.

I think 95 to 97's were the same and it was the 98's that were totally different

also the decals varied a little from one colour tiger to the next

IE. the decals for the Chili red tigers are different than the ones for Diablo Black , and then the ones for the 98's which the colour is  really called Jet Black
The Caspian Blue and Chili Red , Pimento Red used a black shading around the decals , while the Black Bikes used a Grey shading around the decal .

If you look at the pic you posted of the front of the Caspian blue bike you will notice that it has some black shading graphics over the headlights that look like eyebrows , the Black Bikes never had this neither did the british Racing Green ones .

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Mustang"If you look at the pic you posted of the front of the Caspian blue bike you will notice that it has some black shading graphics over the headlights that look like eyebrows , the Black Bikes never had this neither did the british Racing Green ones .

I guessed at most of that but good to have it confirmed.

I never noticed the shading, thought it was just the light, since they are clearcoated I will try to get them to airbrush that before I apply the decals. Maybe need to find a better front on pic of an pre 98 Blue straight on in more direct lighting.

Brilliant, thanks guys  :bowdown

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

coachgeo

Taken from ebay ad (which will eventually disappear)

Here is the part numbers for future reference

Triumph part numbers: T2303842, T2303843 and T2302765
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

aeronca

im flattered  :oops:  to see my bike :lol:

and yes - the decals are clear coated over. i also as mustang said have graffics on the side covers.  now here's a question, i've seen some steamers on this site with a small triumph decal on the side of the tank - did this come on the later years?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

ramseybella

Let us know how they come out and how much, I will be needing a set for my 98.
 :D

aeronca

hey sin baby, i sent you an email - i'll get those photo's off today. sorry for being a deadbeat. :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Got them Bro, thank you  :icon_salut

Now to put an order together and I'll feedback with the costs and quality when I get them.