News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ooow an early christmas present

Started by NeilD, November 14, 2009, 12:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

I'm now practicing lots of new sweary words, which I'm sure will get used durning the fitting!!! £110 next day delivery from Sprint (Thanks Nick!), and I ordered a couple of bits for the TBS, so the postage was free..

Neil

aeronca

aw man, i want one of those, really really really bad.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Sweet!  Mine is no longer that clean and pretty. 8)
From parts unknown.

NeilD

hurrah its on!!!  :D

was pleased at how easily everything came apart  8) although it went down hill from there! had a real problem finding a way of jacking the bike up for the final install... could've done with a second pair of hands as it got a bit fraught trying to line up all the holes, get the bolt in and keep an eye on the bike  wobbling around on the jack! greased the suspension points whilst down there - why is my greasegun always empty when I go to use it !!   :D

one thing that I noticed is that the arm  that you stand on seems to sit higher than I remember, close to the pillion reg so need to hook it down with left foot then stand on the arm with your right? however it does seem to tuck away so shouldnt be a problem with grounding it..
other than that its great - I can now lube my rusty chain and unsieze the rear brake caliper!
Haven't finished putting it back together yet as I want to clean up the exhausts before they go back on..

Nick Calne

Well done! It's not the easiest bolt-on is it ?!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

Quote from: "nickcalne"Well done! It's not the easiest bolt-on is it ?!

no..!!  :D

glad its not something that I'll have to do again... or is that tempting fate!  :D

JetdocX

It's a PITA to put on, but it will save you soooooo much more time and aggravation in the future.  A+ mod, IMO.
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

Once it's on there is no piddling around with paddock stands and maintenance is significantly easier.  Hoorah for centre stands.  I'm completely converted and think every motorbike should have one.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

Quote from: "nickcalne"every motorbike should have one.

oh yes, just like they used to in 'the olden days'   :D  
yep does make the maintenance easier with one, especially on a tall bike like the Tiger as paddock stands etc are a bit awkward. I've learnt to live with it on the Thunderbird Sport, but thats quite easy to get on to a rear stand. Unfortunately they dont make a centerstand for my model..

chucked the exhaust back on today, the H pipe was a fit of a fiddle to get back on now that the stand is in the way..  :D