News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly Sidestand

Started by Bruincounselor, August 04, 2009, 10:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruincounselor

Sidestand from my 2000. It's the original factory length, easily shortened for those of you running shorter.
Black. I can take a picture if you want to see it. It's in good used condition. There is little paint wear. It's been hiding in my garage for several years, as I went to 17" rims and got a shortened stand.

New they're over $65. I want $25 plus shipping.

First PM with a US address to send it to gets it.

Bruin'
Bruin\'

Bruincounselor

I have been asked, "Hey man, any idea if your stand will cooperate with my 02? The part numbers are different but they look the same...."

Does anyone know with certainty if the parts will interchange? My guess is the stand is the same on spoked girlies, but I don't KNOW.
Bruin\'

walker

well, the bracket and the spring are the same part # between them.... so it would bolt up and the spring would retract it nicely.

Measure the length to the pivot bolt - see if it's longer or not. The other interesting thing is they (bikebandit anyway) lists the 2001 and onward as Sidestand, Painted.

Wonder if it's just a different finish on the 2001 and later? I have a 2000 model, so I can't be of help for measuring the sidestand.

flux

Hey gang, I bought this sidestand from BC and just wanted to let everyone know how terrible he is to buy from.  

JUST KIDDING!  I would definitely recommend buying from him.   8)

And for everyone's information, the sidestand is exactly the same as far as i can tell.  So, what we have here is yet another case of Triumph changing part numbers for no reason whatsoever.   :roll: