News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Recall NHTSA Campaign ID No. 04V156000 (Fuel Connector

Started by ArizonaKid, July 07, 2004, 09:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaKid

I spotted this recall in the latest issue of Cycle World and was wondering if any of you have received your recall notices from Triumph and had the fuel line connectors inspected and replaced?  My Tiger is coming up on the 12K service and I'm thinking I'll wait for that to have it done. Thoughts?
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

tigerowner_ut

Many of my RAT friends updated this themselves a year ago before the recall notice.  I think you are safe waiting till 12k because the fittings tend to break or weaken when the bike is worked on.  Your 6K service would not have disturbed these fittings.

My bike has been worked on several times so I am a bit more concerned but I amy just wait till it is in the shop again.
Cheers,

David

99 Yellow Tiger: Triumph Exhaust, Heated Grips, Cee Bailey +6 Windscreen, Rick Mayer Saddle, Metzler Tourance Tires, Happy-Trail Panniers.

03 WR450 (lots of mods)

86 TT350 (the tank....Gone)

TigerKen

"fittings tend to break or weaken when the bike is worked on"

This is mostly the case, but not always. One of mine broke on the way home one day and my tank had never been off. Was fairly low mileage as well.