News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Baked on Mud, courtesy of Kansas

Started by EvilBetty, August 16, 2009, 07:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

Earlier this year I was cleaning the bike up, and attacked the exhaust system with a bottle of toilet bowl cleaner.  Worked fantastic except on a couple of places.  I thought it was bad corrosion but on a closer inspection today I realized it was mud!  Caked on, baked on central Kansas mud / clay concoction.

I tried everything to get it off.  Soaked it with the hose, rubbed it with a tooth brush till my shoulder ached, and it only came off in a few little chunks.  I finally gave up.

It's in a real inconvenient place too, behind the radiator guard.  My only other thought was to coat it in Vaseline over night but not sure if that would do the trick either.  Anyone got any ideas?

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

brad1098

OK heres my idea!!!  Forget about it.  A tiger with a little baked clay looks good. Unless your OCD.

Get access to a good pressure washer with changable tips.  There is a tip I think it is 10 degrees.  With the right machine they will cut concrete.  It should blast it off and not hurt the pipe.  BUT watch all your paint/ etc. it will strip everything.  Would be best if pipe was off bike.
02 black-Lorna

EvilBetty

I am OCD when it comes to care of my stuff. :)

I don't mind it getting dirty, but when I clean it... it's going to be as clean as it can be.

I've had the power washer idea, but haven't been in the mood to pull the radiator guard off.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD