News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Latest Tiger Tune

Started by ChrisN, July 08, 2004, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisN

Picked my bike up yesterday following 6k service. Dealer informed me they'd re-mapped to the latest tune, ie, 2004-01. The previous one being 18. As you can see, not only is this a new tune but Triumph have adopted a new numbering system.

So far it seems ok and has improved the "lumpiness" at low revs, but I've yet to try it out over long distances and the full range of various riding conditions.
Chris

ArizonaKid

When I bought my exhaust can from the dealer  I had them remap the Fi and they recommended and installed something they called the "Triumph high pipe" map.  It seems to work pretty well, but I have no idea if it's optimal for this application.  Any thoughts and whether this is the correct map or not, and how do I tell?
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

daddystarr

I am about to take my 01 in for its 12K service, having never had any other mappings done.

What should I do? Is there a recommendation for what to ask the dealer for?
http://elegantcode.com

01 Tigger

77 XT500

94 GSPD (Sold)

ChrisN

Just request they update the engine management system with the latest map. Theye really should do this without being requested, and probably do but dont tell you. Please ask what number the latest map is and report back. I've received little or no feedback on this point. Thanks.
Chris

Chris Canning

Bloody hell i could wright war and piece about  different tunes in Tigers,i reckon over the last four years i've had about 6 or seven installed in different bikes.

They vary drastically,not all have been good,and you need to do some miles before you make you mind up,one of the best places to check it out is on the motorway were you can study the vibration,the other that shows up is the pickup on the throttle from standstill,the best one i had for that,was the worsed for vibration on the motorway,but fantastic for MPG!!!

The one i have in now is 18,nothing like any of the others! and i 'm still not sure that i like it.

I've used three different shops over those years(the first two closed down) they were all pretty open about it,but you do have to force the subject,i've been in one dealer local to me they didn't have a bloody clue!!.

Chris

ChrisN

Cheers Chris,

If you don't like 18 then try this latest one and let us know what you think.

I think its an improvement but the engine still kicks a little in the 2500 to 3000 rpm range - maybe this is something all Tigers do with any tune ?
Chris