News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Looking for stuff for my Steamer

Started by rootstown, August 17, 2009, 01:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rootstown

I picked up a 1996 Steamer recently and quickly discovered how difficult it is to find aftermarket parts!  I would like to buy engine crash bars and panniers.  I have the Triumph top case, but I'd like to buy some panniers.  I'd be happy with a luggage rack and soft saddlebags too.  Let me know what else you might have for the Steamer that I might need!  

Thanks.
1996 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

I haven't had my 96 very long either and am learning the hard way too.

Check out the "Parts Cross referrence" thread, mostly components though I will be posting up some of my findings there on aftermarket stuff shortly.

On the positive side, carb, suspension and brake stuff is still readily available being Keihin, Kabaya and Nissin and having been fitted to a range of Jap bikes it's not so difficult or expensive to get them.

I went with hard boxes myself not intending to do a lot of off road riding but that entailed gettign some custom brackets fabricated. Soft bags might not be so easy with the high cans. I am sure there are a few here who can advise, this is the place to be for a wealth of knowledge, experience and helpful people happy to share.

A gentle hint, put a bit more detail in your profile so folk know where you are and can advise accordingly  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

abruzzi

For hard panniers there are two choices.  The stock triumph setup was made by Givi, and can mount any Givi monokey bags you like.  The mounts are not available for sale any more and the only way your can get them is to find a take off pair.  The only other prefab solution is Hepco Becker racks @ $322:

http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com/form ... %2000%2001

Then you can mount any HB bag or most simple aluminum boxes.

Now, my steamer has the Givi mounts, and I have three of the original Givi/Triumph bags (two in very good shape, one kind of beat.).  I've been wanting to move to the HB setup, but haven't yet.  So I'll put out this offer to you, or any other steamer owner: Buy me a set of HB racks, and I'll give you my Givi racks and cases.

Here are two mounted on my bike.  The third mounts on the top:

Geof

harre

There is a fitting kit for Steamers for the Givi Wingrack: http://www.hard-motorcycle-luggage.co.u ... racks.html
I have not uset it mysef, but I think it's still available.

akendall1966

I've had a HB pannier frames on order since May still not arrived yet missed three delivery dates. I think they make to order if they can be bothered to make them at all.

Adds to the frustration, bad enough there is only one expensive option out there but when they jerk you around.  

I see a winter project looming to bespoke something myself at this rate

:evil:

Happy ending rack was finally delivered  :D 3.5 months delivery time :(
----AK-----