News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

MRA Vario body wanted or will sell lip - SOLD

Started by 2004Tiger, August 18, 2009, 09:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2004Tiger

LIP SOLD
Does that make sense? My 2004 fell over in my driveway when the center stand pivot busted. My Vario windscreen is now broken and I would buy another from a formite. Smoke color body only, the adjustable vane and associated mechanism is still OK.

Failing that, I will buy a new complete Vario at Twisted Throttle and sell the old vane. Smoke color. Keep in mind that TT sells the vane and hinge to be mounted on any other windscreen, you can do that with my vane.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

pletdj

I will purchase the lip to mount on my stock shield

Darrell
2005 Triumph Tiger
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika

2004Tiger

OK, Pletdj, you got it. But let's wait a couple days to see if I get offered a Vario body to replace my broken one. Thanks.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

brad1098

WTF I check Tigertriple 2-3 times a day, I know call it an addiction.
I post Wanted MRA Vario couple weeks ago........Look 12 posts down,  with no resopnse.  Here a guy posts parts and I miss them  :evil:

Uh........second in line :BangHead
02 black-Lorna

2004Tiger

This lip is still available. I advised Pletdj it was not a good fit on an OEM windscreen and he has withdrawn.

I am about to buy another complete MRA Vario.

EvilBetty

I want a ride report on a MRA Vario w/ the lip, with another lip installed on that lip!  Maybe a 7 foot rider can even get out of the wind.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

2004Tiger

Farkle upon farkle   :D

Shucks, EB, there have been several user reports on TigerTriple. For myself, the Vario with one lip eliminates the buffeting. There is an area above and behind the top of the windscreen, just where my head is, which has considerable wind speed but has laminar flow and no turbulence, thus no buffeting. After my Vario broke I removed it and installed my OEM, and now I am movitated to get another Vario because of the OEM turbulence.

But now the wheels are turning: What if I installed my spare Vario vane on my new Vario, just below the usual position, in addition to the usual vane. I could adjust them separately for best effect. Anyone have a wind tunnel with smoke nozzles?

EvilBetty

Man my sense of humor just doesn't translate via forums well!

Sorry!  I'm sold on a MRA Vario.  If I don't find a used one by the middle of Fall, I'll be buying one new because I intend to ride though as much of winter this year as possible.

I was just picturing two laminar lips installed on a MRA Vario body :D

2004Tiger

Good luck finding a used one.

I edited my last post after your reply.

brad1098

02 black-Lorna

jsingraham

EB, I have the MRA Vario on mine.  Want to come try it some day, we could meet up for lunch and swap bikes for a ride, or you could ride up to MI next week with me!

Jason in KC
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

EvilBetty

Hey that would be cool!  Any non-rainy day I've got my bike down town.  I won't be making MI though :)

2004Tiger

brad1098

Got it yesterday.  Looks great.  The vario is much smaller than I thought it would be.

The wheels are a turnin :icon_scratch
02 black-Lorna