News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steaming roadie

Started by slowmo, August 18, 2009, 09:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowmo

Picked up a MOT last month and found l had a sticking rear brake.New pads,seal kit an fresh fluid seems to have done the job. :thumbsup

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "slowmo"Picked up a MOT last month and found l had a sticking rear brake.New pads,seal kit an fresh fluid seems to have done the job. :thumbsup

brake caliper clean and copperslip every year is a must with our weather and salty roads !!

ride safe !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

PeteH

Looks decent enough :) I always wanted a Tiger and ended up with the 885i, close but not a steamer.

Slowmo, I take it you cleaned and lubed the caliper sliders :?:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

slowmo

lf you mean the two allen pins then yep.One needed a torx to get it out and they were both badly pitted :(

Sin_Tiger

Sprint Manufacturing do stainless steel slider pins that I think are suitable for the steamer calipers.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

slowmo

that's whats gone in,from sprint next day delivery.Now that's what l call service :eusa_clap