News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steaming roadie

Started by slowmo, August 18, 2009, 09:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowmo

Been looking for a new old'n' for a while,an ebay came up with this bitsa.It's good to open the toolbox again.

Nick Calne

Ah ha ! buy it now and you'll be the second red steamer with a corbin seat in Bath!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Very interesting, would certainly tempt me.

Judging by the accessories fitted and the cast wheels, a previous owner knew what they were doing and intended it for some serious road touring. That would suggest that it was taken care of at some stage in it's life.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

slowmo

She's mine now.
Fresh oil an filter done.
Rear shock linkage frozen until a can of WD40 and some poor local roads cured it with a loud bang.

kev w

The steamer looks good, I remember seeing  one similar when they first came out and decided I wanted one...only problem was I didn't have a bike license :cry: Passed two years ago and have owned an '05 Girly (in the best colour!) since but still like the looks of the older Steamer.
Nearly enough Tigers round here to start a local 'branch'! Have fun, Kev
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R

Nick Calne

Yeah! there's three of us now.  Some bloke rides a dark green one down London Road in Bath from time to time.  I think it's a winter bike for him as I haven't seen him for a while.  So potentially there could be four of us....We probably be the biggest tiger club in the country!

slowmo

Well the TOMCC now meet at the Crown in Keynsham on the 1st  thurs @ 8pm and l would like to see more tiggers,well l want to see how a center stand fits.Got my hands on a Daytona stand an l'm hoping it'll fit with a small amount of bodging  :ImaPoser

kev w

Not sure I can make the TOMCC on a Thursday but why not organise a Tiger run to the coast or similar one weekend? Never seen more than two Tigers together at one time in the UK.
Interested?
Kev

PS by the way mines Orange  8)
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R

Nick Calne

Ha, yeah we could do that, it would be fun.  (I'll pre book the AA recovery van)

John Stenhouse

You could ride up to the cotswolds and have a coffee in Stow with me and frighten all the tourists!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

kev w

Stopped in Stow for lunch last weekend, fantastic part of the country.
Saw a couple on a Harley with the pillion wearing the biggest rucksac possible which actually looked like a third person on the bike at first glance! Had to smile as made me feel better about loading the Tiger :lol:

So come on then who fancies a ride out (AA van optional of course)? Saturdays in september are fairly free for me at the moment until the other half tells me what I am doing!

By the way Slowmo apologies if your thread appears to be hijacked but not the intention...hows the Tiger going?

Kev
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R

John Stenhouse

Kev, is your 05 silver? If so I saw your bike in Tescos

kev w

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Kev, is your 05 silver? If so I saw your bike in Tescos

Unfortunatly I was in the car (which is silver!) but the bike is orange
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R

John Stenhouse

Ah, OK the offer is still open come up for a coffee

kev w

Ok John, will take you up on that and get in touch to arrange over the next couple of weeks
Kev
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R