News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Picker up a stowaway this morning

Started by Bixxer Bob, August 23, 2009, 02:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Out enjoying the sun this morning and found I'd picked up a stowaway when I got home:

Saw it but didn't think I'd hit it.  Impaled itself on the leading bar of my Touratechs.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

RT

Think that one would make you do pucker somewhere else.  Glad it didn't bounce off your leg.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

John Stenhouse

I had a pheasant do that, took out the left hand indicator
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Nick Calne

That will make a very small pigeon pie if you fancy going a bit 'Hugh Fearnley Wittingstall'
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

sweet!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

It probably took one look at your light gaurds and tried to take evasive action.

Put that in the pot, then do a quick sprint while a friend throws a couple of tatties at your "chip cutter" light gaurds and you have a meal
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

matttys

I took a big fat crow to the helmet earlier this year.  My fiancee nearly fell off the bike. . . not because of the impact but because she couldn't stop laughing.  I had to pick feathers out of my helmet and tank bag!
\'02 Girly, \'03 F650GS Dakar, \'05 DRZ470SM, \'90 DR350, \'03 DRZ134SM

ourade

Were you riding on the A49 towards Leominster on sunday, i have never seen so much roadkill, especially pigeons, closely followed by hedgehogs.  :shock:
Cheers Ade

Stretch

Flying hedgehogs?  Holy shit!  I think I'll stick to driving the truck.

Bixxer Bob

Lost the front on an off-camber left hand bend when I hit a squirrel last summer, came close to dropping it.  

Not a lot of grip on a squirrel..... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Squirrels! Little buggers... hit one a the dual carriageway near Cirencester a few years back and it exploded all over the place and then got stuck, in parts, between the mudguard and knobbly tyre briefly.  Furry features and blood all over the place in a way you just wouldn't have thought possible. Pulled over and some guy looked at me and said, 'you alright?'  I had had a quite a moment though thankfully not going fast.  Just when i thought it couldn't get any weirder a car pulled up and a woman gave me a mouthful for running it over, as though I had a choice!  :shock:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Not a lot of grip on a squirrel..... :roll:

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

Damned suicidal squirrels.  Is squirrel life that bad? :evil:
From parts unknown.

ourade

Quote from: "Stretch"Flying hedgehogs?  Holy shit!  I think I'll stick to driving the truck.

:thumbsup  :ImaPoser

Dr. Mordo

Within the last year I have been arm's distance from two hawks and four vultures.  They are pretty big birds when you get that close to them!
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger