News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Downsizing

Started by abruzzi, August 26, 2009, 09:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

<not tiger related>

I know people will say I can't hold onto a bike for long, but I've decided that since my Tiger covers pavement touring well as well as light dirt duty, there was too much overlap with my KTM 950.  I love the KTM, but I figured with the Tiger around, the KTM should be much more dirt oriented (and lighter.)  I've decided to go from this:

To this:

Should be happening in a couple of weeks.  I'm exited.

Geof

Nick Calne

so cool, pity you can't keep em all....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

atokad

Sweet bike!! Still too much overlap, IMHO. Although I have been lusting for a 640/690 LC4, I can't own 3 bikes (guilt, time, money kids in college, no job, yada yada yada)
so I have been unable to get myself to upgrade from this to the 640/690 LC4. Maybe you can convince me that the 640/690 LC4 would make a good replacement for my 450 EXC? But I gotta warn you, my dirt bike skills on a 640/690 on these types of rides (very rocky, steep) would probably cause me to not attempts places like this. I dropped the bike twice getting to the top of this mountain and at 12,800 ft, I was very tired and short off breath! :BangHead  There was a Husky 610 and a BMW XChallenge along that made it fine though, so I know the defining factor was my dirt skills. :oops:

abruzzi

I still wanted the KTM to be a travel bike, just one more devoted to dirt.  I'd still like to get a little play in the desert bike--probably a drz400 or KTM XCW.

Geof

fano

:thumbsup  for KTM XCW or 09 Husaberg 450/570

JetdocX

I'd keep the Katoom and send the Steamer down the road.  You sellin' that Katoom, BTW? :D
From parts unknown.

aeronca

duuuuuude -  i think you will be very happy. i love the 650. i am very jealous.  right on,    congrats 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

abruzzi

I'm keeping the steamer because, believe it or not, it has been a sock solid mile eater.  That and trade/resale of the seamer is no more than $4k--the 950 is worth closer to $7k.

The 950 is going to the owner of the 640.  We worked out a deal.  Now I need to grow a couple inches--those 640s are tall.

There is a nice 300 XCW t-stroke for sale down the street for $3k--the great thing about KTMs is the MSOs don't say anything about street use, so with lights and indicators, anything can be plated in New Mexico.

Geof