News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel Fittings again.....

Started by geotiger, August 31, 2009, 07:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geotiger

So I was reading Stretch's Tiger Faults and Weaknesses thread.  On the fuel fittings...my 2005 Tiger has plastic fuel fittings on it.  Is that normal? In his thread Stretch says that it is not possible or needed to use the metal kit from TeamTriumph on 2005 and 2006's.  

I am confused.  Help me out please.  I haven't had any problems with my factory fittings but I have ordered a kit from TeamTriumph.  Do I need to replace them or not?????

Thanks
"The one thing we can learn from history is that we don\'t learn from history." - Shaw

Stretch

Later '05's and the '06's have a completely different fuel system (including the fittings) than the '99-04's, and haven't had trouble with the fuel fittings breaking.

Check out the 'How To Remove Your Fuel Tank' thread and determine which fittings are on your 2005.  

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/msg,32393

If you have two fittings, a supply and a return, you have an early 2005 and could benefit from replacing the fittings with those mentioned in the 'Faults and Weaknesses' thread.  Evil Betty and a few others have posted How-To threads in the Girly Wisdom section.

If your 2005 is a later one with only one fuel fitting at the tank, like mine, you won't need to replace it, as it's a completely different design and not nearly as prone to breaking.  And the metal replacements wouldn't fit it anyhow.

geotiger

Yep I have the two lines so I guess I will go ahead and replace them when the metal fittings get in! :lol:
"The one thing we can learn from history is that we don\'t learn from history." - Shaw