News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

why are steamers so damn rare??

Started by aeronca, September 02, 2009, 07:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

this weekend i did the "Isle of Vashon TT/poker run". there was probably 1-2000 vintage and new bike's(if not more), and i was the only steamer to be seen.i saw 2 new tigers and one 60's or 70's model, but no other versions. so what's the deal, does mustang own all of them? are they only in england? i feel like Vicent Price in the last man on earth. oh well, i got a ton of pic's that i'll post soon. and sorry "Old Desert Rat"(tt dave) for not calling you about the run.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

brad1098

I have often wondered the same thing.

How many people came up to you and said "what is that" & "that thing is cool"  :lol:
02 black-Lorna

aeronca

Quote from: brad1098I have often wondered the same thing.

How many people came up to you and said "what is that" & "that thing is cool"  :lol:

lots of them, especially at the checkpoints. there was a lot of "havent seen one of them in a long time" :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

All the rest of them are in the boneyard. :evil:
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

The steamer gets more attention than any other bike I've owned.  People like big things rough looking things, I guess.

Perhaps the reason they didn't sell in great numbers may have been down to the tastes of the day.  (Ah the 90's!) People, in the UK at least, were sports bike mad.  

When you compare it to the competition at the time (Yamaha xtz750, bmw r1100gs, kawasaki KLR and all the weird caviga/ducati stuff) I think i stands up pretty well.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Nick Calne

ps are we now an endangered species of tiger?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sasquatch

I would love a Steamer with a 1050 motor installed, my reworked suspension and a Corbin seat.  I loved the look of the steamer when I bought my Girly, but I had to have fuel injection.