News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

female fuel couplings

Started by GWL, September 13, 2009, 11:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWL

I've been trying to get my Tigger to run properly (to run at all would be nice!) as I explained before. I've had the tank off a couple of times and can now do it blindfolded. I've changed the fuel filter which judging by the date on it (2001,40k miles) was the original.This makes me think that the last owner was a tosser who didn't service it and the service history that came with it was false.Anyway the reason for this message is that the inevitable has happened and my plastic female fuel couplings are now leaking like Mr leaky on national leak day (well I do live in Wales).Does anyone know where I can get the female metal couplings in the U.K? Even better would be a company that deals on Ebay and uses Paypal as I don't have credit cards.(it's a long story). Any suggestions would be gratefully received. thanx, Geoff

EvilBetty

Leaking?  Could just be the o-rings, if the leak is coming from the connection of the dry fit connectors themselves.

Still probably a good idea to change the fittings though...

Plastic
http://www.altectubing.co.uk/home.asp?c ... tegory9210
http://www.altectubing.co.uk/home.asp?c ... tegory9250

Metal
These folks look to have the female fittings.  Might have to call for the male.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/sear ... breadCrumb

You might also contact QuickCouplings.net via email and find out how much shipping would be to you in the UK.

http://quickcouplings.net/html/contact.htm
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

GWL

Thanks EB you're a dude! It's definitely the plastic coupling leaking and not an o-ring. The crack in the plastic opens up when I try moving the coupling from side to side. Have contacted RS online and hopefully 2 shiny new metal females (sounds a bit kinky but whatever turns you on eh?) will be winging their way to me shortly. Once again many thanks.
p.s had to use the mother in laws credit card though.

Chris Canning

Phone Tom Parker Ltd
01256 330033

Part Number LCD 100040V

I paid 12 quid plus the vat.

diggerT

I've seen a lot about this plastic metal coupling business so thought I better check those on my 03. It looks like one bit is plastic and one bit metal.
I've taken a pic, anyone tell me which parts I need and where to get them
(I am not very technical!!)

Digger

EvilBetty

You have the metal male fittings (non-valved) and the plastic female valved fittings.

If you want to replace the plastic female fittings, the part number is:

2 x LCD10004BSPT - 1/4 BSPT Valved CPC Coupling Body

See the UK links a couple posts above for where to buy them.

dancall08

Hi,I'm new here but have a 44k miles 2002 Tiger that I've owned from new. I've already had a problem with the fuel fittings in the 1st year, had a new one supplied by Triumph under warranty, replaced the male ones under the recall and had the females fail once again last year. Now they're leaking again and it's about time I see the light and throw them away and replace with proper metal ones.

My question is: can I keep the Triumph (metal) male fittings and replace just the female ones with metal?Tom Parker Ltd seem to have everything - does anyone know the part number that I should order?

I've read that some people mention differnet sized fuel lines - mine seem to be the same diameter, though.

GWL

Chris Canning has put the phone number and part number for the females earlier in this thread. :)

dancall08

Yes, thanks seen that, but wasn't sure if that was the right part for my bike since some people mention a 1/4" and some a 3/8" (though I assume this is for the fuel line part).

And would they fit the male metal Triumph connectors I already have fitted or would it be necessary to replace these with the matching ones from Tom Parker?

Thanks all for your time
 :D

GWL

well I actually had my females from another company but they used the same part number and the Triumph male ends fit right in so you should be fine :D

Chris Canning

You only need the females,the original Triumph male works fine with them,if you phone Tom Parker they are very familiar with the part and the problem!!,i phoned,he told me i have a Triumph Tiger. :lol:

EvilBetty

Yes, you can use your existing metal (though non-valved) male fuel fittings.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5670

EvilBetty

Yes, the different sizes are for the male fittings that connect to the fuel lines.  The female fittings that install into the fuel pump plate are the same size.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5670

dancall08

Ok,done.
Tom Parker posted me the female fittings in a few days and a friend and I replaced them last week.
Luckily we had no problem to remove the old ones,but one of the tank thread inserts was in bad shape as a mechanic who shall remain nameless seemed to have coaxed the previous coupling out with what looks suspiciously like a hacksaw.The thread had a small groove in it where the hacksaw blade must have come into contact.We gently screwed the new ones in - it wasn't too keen to go in the mangled thread -left a couple of thread turns out and fitted it all back together.We used Teflon tape,20 turns.Seems to be holding so far.
This weekend we're off to Sicily for a 3-day blast.My Girly,a roadie and a 1200GS,so ample time to give it a good test.
Many thanks to all for your help.

EvilBetty

Another Tiger rider spared from spontaneous combustion :)