News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Butt Pads!

Started by EvilBetty, September 15, 2009, 05:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

Alaska Leather has a charcoal Dualsport RallySpecial on sale for $38.47.  Take another %10 using Spencer's coupon code.

http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/serv ... ial/Detail

Discount Code - I'd feel bad just posting his code up, so I'll tell you it's in the 2nd to the last paragraph.

Just sent my seats off to Spencer.  I'm hoping the combination of his mod and this cover will be the end all be all of seat comfort.

http://greatdaytoride.com/FAQ.html
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Stretch

Hm.  Looks like they've moved.  I dropped in on Barb and the crew at their old location a couple years back.  A good bunch of folks to do business with.

sanjoh

Quote from: "EvilBetty"end all be all of seat comfort.

I have this combo and it worked great on my 10k mile journey this summer.

Near the Bsdlands, SD

01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

FrostedFlake

Thread hijack - EB, I hope you'll post a review and some pics when you get your seats back.  I'm on the fence about sending mine to Spencer's, could sure use a nudge.

Back on topic, love the Alaska Leather Sheepskin.  That's a great price.

EvilBetty

sanjoh

Quote from: "FrostedFlake"I'm on the fence about sending mine to Spencer's, could sure use a nudge.

Call and talk to him after an email.  He flat knows what he is talking about.  And his product works!
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

EvilBetty

Yeah I told him I was sending him a tiger seat and this is what he sent back.

QuoteFor your Tiger riders area the usual requests are to correct the seats angle so you are not sliding into the tank, create an actual supportive seating pocket so that you sit more in, rather than on, the seat, and a slight narrowing of the nose for an easier reach and a better grip on the tank (this is not lowering).  This allows your weight to be distributed across the width of the seat, rather than concentrated in the middle. Special care is taken to relieve pressure on the crotch, especially with the upward angle at the front of the Tiger seat. I definitely recommend the LD upgrade with the Supracor suspension for all dual sports riders sections, if for no other reason than that it takes the vibration out of the seat.  It also does a lot for long distance comfort and dampens road shock. The Supracor works for the rider because it is a dynamic material with an instant rebound.  It moves with you, working with your weight shifts for proper bike control.  If you use a material in the riders section that "takes a set" it locks you in one position and fights against you.  This is the main problem with foams as the rider is constantly moving, even while cruising the highway you are making small corrections in your weight distribution.

The passenger area modification is similar but on a smaller scale. It concentrates on them needing a position that keeps their weight stable, and because of them having less contact points with the bike, a position that gives them more confidence and control over their position during braking and in turns.

Pricing for the riders section would be the standard minimum of $50 for the actual work to the riders section, a $25 material charge for the Supracor, and $25 for the passenger.

Each seat is set up specifically for the rider so any additional information you think I may need regarding your position, type of riding, any medical concerns you may have should be listed in the special instructions area on the order form.  When you think you have given me too much information, just a little more should be about right.

Sin_Tiger

Wow  :shock: that really is knowing your @rse from your elbow  :lol: makes a lot of sense, there are times when I wish I was in the states.

Does he have a website?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

EvilBetty

Sin_Tiger

:icon_salut  very reasonable, now if we can just convice him to emigrate  :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

EvilBetty

Well there are times we wished were on the other side of the pond too,  eBay.co.uk being only one of them :)

coachgeo

Quote from: "sanjoh"....I have this combo and it worked great on my 10k mile journey....

nice pic..... now ahhhhh..... what does that combo consist of beside some white fur of some sort and ???
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

brad1098

E.B. any word on your seat?

I sent Spencer an e-mail wanting the "works"  with no response.  How long did it take for him to get back to you.  I know he runs a one horse operation to keep costs down.

Anybody know if heat is an option?
02 black-Lorna

EvilBetty

Apparently he's usually very quick to reply to email, but he has new security software running and it was blocking my comcast address.  Once I emailed him via gmail he has been responding very quickly.

He sent me an email on Friday to let me know he had received my seat.  I expect to have it back late next week, or early the following week.

I got my new butt pad in the mail yesterday.  Very nice!  Fits the Girly seat perfectly!

Medic09

My wife had a seat done for her Suzuki by Spencer about 6 months ago.  Quick turnaround, excellent workmanship, and nice attitude.  Maybe I'll have him do the Tiger seats...
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four