News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My Bike Crash

Started by BigMark, September 17, 2009, 06:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMark

Spoke to the guys looking at my Tigger.

He gave me 2 options, we can write it off or not repair the Highway pegs.. we were £156 over the 85% of the value "which is the max they are allowed to spend on it"  In case you haven't noticed I think Tigger is the best machine in the world. I decided to let them leave the Highway pegs damaged and I will take that on the chin. He said he could "adjust the pegs back into position but they will never be quite the same"  I only put me feet on them so....

They done a frame and swing arm alignment. Although the tyre is bust and the wheel bearings knackered everything else is true ( so his machine says)

I must have been imagining things when I see them struggling to push it out of the road and the wheel looked buckled (must have been me that was buckled) or the tyre was flat..

So he is sending his estimate to the insurance company who should approve it now "fingers crossed" and he said the entire process should take but 5 – 6 weeks... seems like a long time to me but gives me chance to test the GS..

Sin_Tiger

Does seem like a long time, wonder why :?:

Anyway good luck and I can't see you getting used to anytime soon, at least the steamers only sound like tractors  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "BigMark"So he is sending his estimate to the insurance company who should approve it now "fingers crossed" and he said the entire process should take but 5 – 6 weeks... seems like a long time to me but gives me chance to test the GS..

Most of the delay in getting my Tiger back on the road after my accident was waiting for parts from Triumph. In the end I got back a bike which was better than before the accident so it was worth the wait! I would highly recommend Carole Nash insurance for their claims service and having their own repair shop which saved me from havin a write off.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: "BigMark"Spoke to the guys looking at my Tigger.

He gave me 2 options, we can write it off or not repair the Highway pegs.. we were £156 over the 85% of the value "which is the max they are allowed to spend on it"  In case you haven't noticed I think Tigger is the best machine in the world. I decided to let them leave the Highway pegs damaged and I will take that on the chin. He said he could "adjust the pegs back into position but they will never be quite the same"  I only put me feet on them so....

They done a frame and swing arm alignment. Although the tyre is bust and the wheel bearings knackered everything else is true ( so his machine says)

I must have been imagining things when I see them struggling to push it out of the road and the wheel looked buckled (must have been me that was buckled) or the tyre was flat..

So he is sending his estimate to the insurance company who should approve it now "fingers crossed" and he said the entire process should take but 5 – 6 weeks... seems like a long time to me but gives me chance to test the GS..

If half of what you say is correct,i'd walk away from it and buy another,no matter how good they repair it,there's always a tell tale sign,you might not notice,but the guy who buys it off you will,and so will the dealer.