News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 Girly stalling after initial start up

Started by pletdj, September 19, 2009, 03:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Quote from: "EvilBetty"The part I posted is a General Motors Throttle Position Sensor.   I can't verify if it is the same as the Triumph part or not, but it was reported to be the same.

The part you posted is a Manifold Air Pressure Sensor.

EvilBetty

Yes, sorry I have Throttle stuck on the brain.  Again I'll have to go find the forum / post I got that from, where the person claimed that was the same part as the Triumph TPS.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

pletdj

I booked an appointment at the triumph dealer to have it re mapped.  They believe this is the problem as well.  I will let you know after this Saturday!
2005 Triumph Tiger
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika

pletdj

I completed the 12 minute tune this past Sunday and have not been able to ride to to rain.  (yes i am a fair weather rider!! but i melt when i get wet!) :headbang
I have been starting the bike every morning and have noticed starting getting easier.  Today i went out this morning and it fired up on the first attempt and stayed running strong!!  This has not happened in the last 3-4 months at all.  I think maybe it just needed time to allow the tune to take hold??  anyway, i cancelled my appointment to re map and will see how things go.
2005 Triumph Tiger

Stretch

Quote from: "pletdj"I think maybe it just needed time to allow the tune to take hold??

After doing the 12-minute tune and resetting all the sensor values to the default settings, it takes a few warm / cool cycles for the ECU to learn and store the new sensor values.

SERadtke

Stretch is absolutely right. After the 12mt, all learned values in the ECM are reset. It will take at least three warm up/ cool down cycles until new values are learned and the bike starts responding to how you drive it.
Shawn
<((()))><

Stupid people are PROOF that evolution is a hoax!

pletdj

Problem is back!  Stalls after starting 2 times then fires up.  Looks like a trip to the Triumph dealer is in the cards soon. :?
2005 Triumph Tiger

Stretch

That's what it took for mine.  Nothing else was wrong with the bike, but an Off-Road Tune reload fixed the cold stalling problem.

HappyMan

Quote from: "SERadtke"Stretch is absolutely right. After the 12mt, all learned values in the ECM are reset. It will take at least three warm up/ cool down cycles until new values are learned and the bike starts responding to how you drive it.

Yes the other day in the parking lot I mentioned it hadn't changed anything but it's now running smooth on idle for me Shawn.  Seemed it just needed those cycles and didn't get it on the way in to work that day.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Apikoros

I'm late to the party (as always), but my 2003 was having the same problem. First push of the starter: nothing. Second push: it would start but die right away. Third push: party!

I followed Stretch's instructions for the 12 Minute Retune, and now she starts first time every time!!  

So, much thanks to Stretch and everyone who posted about this.  My local brewpub is holding beers for all of you.

pletdj

I should have updated as well, mine has been performing perfectly as well.  probably just needed time after tune to set in. :D
2005 Triumph Tiger

AutoRotate

Good morning to all,

I know this thread is very old, but I wanted to share my experience with similar symptoms.  Once again, I know the 12-minute tune up fixed this particular problem, but I had very similar symptoms on my 2006 at about the 4500 mile mark.  Dealer tried code reader, loading off-road tune, re-loading standard tune, etc - with no success.

A call across the pond pointed them to an issue with the fuel system.  Now, I can't recall which exact part was the culprit, but I seem to remember a fuel pump or sending unit or component of that system (such as a relay).  I know the tank had to be removed to replace the part.  

I know this doesn't specifically help with the OP's original problem, but I thought someone searching might find it useful.  The symptoms were exactly the same other than eventually the bike would not start and had to be towed to the dealer.  The problem progressed from occassional stalls to a no start condition within two weeks of daily riding.

Take care!

Clay