News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Power Commander Thread Hijack - Carbureted Bikes

Started by John Stenhouse, September 29, 2009, 09:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "Stretch"My next bike will have carbs.

That will be kind of tricky assuming you buy a new or nearly new one, most bikes over here are Fi now
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Stretch

My next bike will be a home-built ADV bike based on a '91-'03 Honda 750 Nighthawk with the suspension and wheels from a big enduro.

John Stenhouse

Ah that clears that up, why don't you buy an XLV 750?

Ah, hold on these were Italy only so heres a pic
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Stretch

I like them, but around here, Africa Twins are rarer than Transylvanian cowboys.  One comes up on eBay only rarely.  The bike, not the cowboy.

I chose the CB750 because it enjoys the reputation of having been one of the most reliable bikes ever built.  Also, they have no fuel pump, no injectors, no ECU, no radiator or fan, and no valve adjustments.  Just keep the carbs clean, the chain lubed, and the oil changed, and they'll run forever.

And it will be fun to build my own with readily-available parts.

B.Curvin

:bowdown

When I get done with the Tiger I want to do something like this with my SV.

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"

The SV in it's previous lives.

Cos

Quote from: "Stretch"I like them, but around here, Africa Twins are rarer than Transylvanian cowboys.   .

I could send you one in pieces and you could have fun putting it back together.  :lol:

Stretch

A Transylvanian cowboy?

Must... resist...

Hell, I'd love to do that.  But I'd guess the shipping charges on all the bike's pieces would probably be about the cost of the bike itself.

Besides, I've heard the rumors of what happens when you're allowed near tools.  :mrgreen: