News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Which aftermarket handlebars?

Started by DaJudge, October 12, 2009, 12:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaJudge

I need to replace the bent handlebars in the process of repairing my '01 Girly (my son took a tumble on it - he's OK).

If anyone here has changed to aftermarket bars, please let me know what brand/type, where you can get them and how you liked them.

Also, what do I need to do to the new bars so I can keep the heated grips functioning?

Thanks. 8)

EvilBetty

Popular replacement bars are the Renthal Hi Rise Dakars, and the Pro-Taper ATV bars.  But these are usually done by persons who were not happy with the stock bars.

If you use non-oem bars, you'll notice they don't have the holes for the controls to anchor in like the OEM bars did.  You'll either have to cut the nubs off and wrap the bars under the controls in electrical / duct tape, or measure 5x and drill once to put the holes in the correct position on the new bars.  I drilled mine on another bike but I either didn't file the holes well enough or got them too big because the nubs eventually failed on the new bars and I had to resort to a layer of duct tape under each of them.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD