News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger has landed

Started by tett, October 12, 2009, 04:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMan

Welcome to the site!!!  First off, now that you own a Tiger your life will never be the same.  Welcome to the club!  The brake pedal isn't too small if you never use the brakes......stopping is for woosies.  Don't tighten the chain too much, Tigger likes it loose.  Weight the bike down and check the tension.

Have fun!!!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

MikeBenzon

Be very careful about the chain adjustment. Over tightning can cause damage to the transmission or premature chain failure. Follow the instructions for loading the bike when checking your chain tension.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

tett

Took it to my mechanic today and he confirmed that the chain should be loose.  He checked and said my was fine.  Better to be loose than too tight.  On a CB750 they required only about 10mm of slop.

Thanks for you concern and advice.

LOVE my new bike.

Cheers,

tett

Quote from: "MikeBenzon"Be very careful about the chain adjustment. Over tightning can cause damage to the transmission or premature chain failure. Follow the instructions for loading the bike when checking your chain tension.
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Nimrod11

tett, check your messages. I posted a link for the manual.
----------
Tiger 2004

tett

Many Thanks!  I now have it.

tett

Quote from: "Nimrod11"tett, check your messages. I posted a link for the manual.
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

EvilBetty

And now you have another for the outrigger bung.  

Wouldn't mind taking a look at that link as well Nimrod11.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

oldrider

Lovely Tiger just like mine but watch out for those cast wheels they bend like butter on gravel roads! (apparently!)

Triumph did not intend their alloy cast wheels to be ridden on anything but sealed roads!

From 05 onwards they are upright sports tourer bikes as far as Triumph are concerned!

I have just had my wheels straightened and rebalanced because they just couldn't take the stones on the gravel roads, they go square on you!

The front brakes start chattering like they had warped disks but when I swung the wheels between centres in a lathe, behold...square wheels!

I believe that they were like it from day one but Triumph just kept on changing the brake disks until the warranty ran out now they don't want to know about it, so I went looking for the cause myself!

The axis of the machining for the brake disks was .002mm off centre to the axis of the wheel bearings, great QA, not!

Somewhere on here there is a post and pics of an 05 Tiger that has been fitted up with 02 wire wheels, looks great but now I cant find the thread again!
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

Advwannabe

**Thread highjack alert** Thanks OR! I've been wondering if my out-of-true spoked wheels were the cause of my front brake shimy. I'll get it straightened out and see if that helps. **Highjack over**

Tett congratulations on your new beasty, quite a change form the Valc! All the best
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

tett

Thanks and thanks OR.

Don't like to hear about weak wheels.  Hopefully these are not too difficult to repair if the get bent.  I will test them.  If they can't take the abuse then spokes it is.  I do like the cast rims because they are sooo easy to clean

Cheers!

tett

Quote from: "Advwannabe"**Thread highjack alert** Thanks OR! I've been wondering if my out-of-true spoked wheels were the cause of my front brake shimy. I'll get it straightened out and see if that helps. **Highjack over**

Tett congratulations on your new beasty, quite a change form the Valc! All the best
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger