News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

'96 Tiger, Maine, USA

Started by Mudhen, October 15, 2009, 11:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

1996...49,500 miles.  Bought in January of '05 with 22k miles.

21" front/18" rear rims D606s (53t sprocket on those)
19" front/17" rear stock rims with TKCs (1500 miles old), 48t sprocket
Yoshimura cans
Forks/shock revalved/sprung by Aftershocks
Renthal bars w/ Touratech crossbrace
ABR articulated bar risers
Heated grips
Acerbis handguards
Corbin
Wolfman tankbag
Wolfman saddlebags
Lilley crashbars
Rally screen
Stretch high front fender (Goodridge front brake lines)
K&N airfilter
Split front sprocket cover
Jetted for having airbox open (2Bros cone filters over snorkels) - dyno'd at 80rwhp
Gusseted rear frame
Centech fuse block - setup for power only with key on
42k - valves done, throttle body sync, emulsion tubes
44k - Nology coils
45k - Chain/sprockets (19t front street, 16t front dirt)

Also have some spares that could go with it...radiator, alternator, subframes...extra set of forks...

$3k obo/ono/onro.

\'96 Steamer

Mustang

damn good deal for all the xtras
are you trying to make me have 4 black ones  :?:

Mudhen

Quote from: "Mustang"damn good deal for all the xtras
are you trying to make me have 4 black ones  :?:

lol...you need another one!!!

I should trade with Zahi...if he gave me $4k I'd consider it!!
\'96 Steamer

Stretch

For sale!?!  But she's like family!

Say it ain't so!

Mudhen

Quote from: "Stretch"For sale!?!  But she's like family!

Say it ain't so!

Not just her, but the whole Triumph/Tiger package...well, other than the new ones...   :wink:

Brought a tear to my eye when I hit the submit button.  Ah, what am I worried about...nobody wants this thing anyway.  I'm just doing it to earn some brownie points with the wife.  :lol:
\'96 Steamer

Sin_Tiger

An Icon, a legend, no you can't just buy a Legend  :shock: , that's worse than me trying to sell Loch Ness Monster toe nail clippings :oops:

How about I give you some tips on getting brownie points in other ways  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

abruzzi

How did you get 21/18 rims?  Are they stock hubs with different rims laced?  

Geof

Mudhen

Quote from: "abruzzi"How did you get 21/18 rims?  Are they stock hubs with different rims laced?  

Geof

Yes.  Got the hubs and sprocket carrier used at Baxters, then had East Coast Wheels lace the rims on them (1.85x21 and 2.75x18).  Then I got all the extra stuff on ebay - brake discs, cush drive, new sprocket.  I think the whole package was around $1500 by the time I was done...

Worst part was East Coast Wheels packed up and moved part way through the project...didn't happen to mention it to me.  Had an advrider guy swing by their shop and they were gone!  Eventually I found a post on thumpertalk with a phone number in it...called them up.  Took me almost 8 months to get them - thank dog I didn't send them my stock rims!!   :evil:
\'96 Steamer

fano

Oh no!!! That bike is a keeper. You will never get enough for it. You are in it way to much and it is so unique. Don't do it. ( unless you really have to) :(

Mudhen

Quote from: "fano"Oh no!!! That bike is a keeper. You will never get enough for it. You are in it way to much and it is so unique. Don't do it. ( unless you really have to) :(

Come on, it's not like it's a Girly...

Maybe I'll keep it.  Mod it up.  That'd be fun.   :lol:
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

W...T..F....!!! :BangHead   wtf are you doin?  you cant sell that thing.  when i bought mine i was, i was hell bent to shit can it, but you(and stretch, and come to think of it, mustang) talked me into fixing it :lol: .i stayed with this steamer thing partly because of you(and patrick).  bro - it's paid for. it'syour's. it's fucking awsome!!! i got a pic of it on my gun safe.  keep it man. it's a piece of tigertriple.com history. i wish i had the time, i'd fly out and drag you over to portsmouth - have some lunch at gillies, and talk you out of it. KEEP IT :evil:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Quote from: "aeronca"W...T..F....!!! :BangHead   wtf are you doin?  you cant sell that thing.  when i bought mine i was, i was hell bent to shit can it, but you(and stretch, and come to think of it, mustang) talked me into fixing it :lol: .i stayed with this steamer thing partly because of you(and patrick).  bro - it's paid for. it'syour's. it's fucking awsome!!! i got a pic of it on my gun safe.  keep it man. it's a piece of tigertriple.com history. i wish i had the time, i'd fly out and drag you over to portsmouth - have some lunch at gillies, and talk you out of it. KEEP IT :evil:

:lol:

Isn't it only 3:30am out there?  If you were one of my kids I'd send you right back to bed for the day with that attitude!
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

:lol:  yeah, i'd do the same with mine. this is one of the awsome benifit's to working in aviation - perminent night shift - for ever and ever and ever and ever :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mr. Jetmoto

Damn, that girl is set up nicely.

zombie

want to trade for a v-strom 1000 maybe??