News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sprockets and Brakes

Started by swtigeruk, October 17, 2009, 09:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swtigeruk

:?:
I am wondering whether I can ask the collective of experts on this form for some assistance on a couple of problems I am facing with my Girly Tiger - 2003 model.

Gearbox sprocket - I can't budge the sprocket nut. Is there a trick to this? I have tried an impact driver, and used a blow torch on it, shed loads of WD40 and a 2m/6ft scaffold pole as a leve, and only suceeded in twisting the handle of my socket set. Any ideas?

Back Brake. I had to change the rear calliper after the original statrted to
break up. The metal around the piston started to give way, the dust seel then tried to escape and therefore the piston was reluctant to retreat causing the rear brake to bind. Have now bled the system with about a litre of brake fluid passing through, using a proper bleeding kit, and no air coming out, but there is still air in the system somewhere, as I can't get any brake pressure to make full use of the back brake. Any ideas?

Many thanks
Best Regards

Simon

53 Tiger 955i

Chris Canning

Re the engine sprocket,i had someone sit on the bike in gear with the brakes on,used a socket and long breaker bar,came off with some huffing and puffing,but blimey!!! blow torch bet thats done the seal behind it a power of good!.

Sin_Tiger

Try tightening it first, no really.

Have you put new pistons in? The main seals will likely be stuffed if you pushed the piston back in that state. Time to get the wallet out Boyoh!
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint