News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB: MRA Vario screen for '03 Girly

Started by 514Advrider, October 17, 2009, 11:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

514Advrider

Title says it all. I am located in Canada.
Thanks,
Paul

514Advrider

514Advrider

bump... Still haven't found one.

Mustang

514Advrider

Thanks for the link, but I'm looking for a used one. Being located in Canada, the cost of a new MRA becomes quite high because of shipping and duty/brokage fees.

BEEZZER

Saw your comment re the shipping and brokerage fees. I bought mine throught my dealer here in London Ontario. He got it from Twisted Throttle but called them direct and set up a dealer account. Net result was I might have paid an extra $25 to get it to Canada.

At the risk of the deluge of comments about windshields.....mine looks neat but that is about it. Don't really notice any real difference with it in any configuration. I am tall ....6'5 so maybe it is better suited to the slightly shorter rider.

Geoff

pletdj

Hi there,
You could check with this guy in Hamilton Ontario area.  He gets the stuff at list as he is a rep for twisted throttle.  No duty, just exchange on US $.
http://dualsportplus.com/

Darrell
2005 Triumph Tiger
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika

514Advrider

Thanks for the tips, guys, I'll look into it.

twistedthrottle

As an international shipping clarification:

Most motorcycle accessories are duty free going in to Canada (use Canadian HTS number 8714.19.00.00 "Parts and accessories of motorcycles:Other").

When you have stuff shipped UPS, UPS charges brokerage fees. Post does not charge this.

Regardless of how you buy in Canada (UPS, USPS, or local purchase at a Canadian dealer), you'll be charged GST and PST on top of the retail price.

We're working on negotiations with UPS to reduce their brokerage fees. Will keep you posted.

http://twistedthrottle.com

Peace Dale, RI

pletdj

Yes you are correct, It is indeed the brokerage fee that jacks up the price.  Anything under $20 of value is shipped with no brokerage and taxes.
2005 Triumph Tiger

EvilBetty

So you need a $20 screen with shipping costing about $120?   :twisted:
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

pletdj

Yes, that has been the case a few times!  Darn shipping can be expensive, but worth it for a good product!! :shock:
2005 Triumph Tiger

brad1098

Look 4 posts up..........where did Mr. Twistedthrottle come from. Registered in 2006 and first post was this week  :?:

Have they been listening to us the whole time  :?

Well then, you need to start selling parts for your Vario screens.  Especially the lip and hinges.
02 black-Lorna