News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Butt Pads!

Started by EvilBetty, September 15, 2009, 05:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

Got the seats yesterday, so with normal ground shipping it was almost a 2 week turn around.

I went home over lunch to pickup the seats and try them out.  I put my butt pad back on too when I mounted them.  So far so good.   Didn't notice any discomfort on the way in to work this morning.

I think I'm going to pull the butt pad this weekend and ride without it to test the seat mod out thoroughly.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

macgart

I had Spencer do the seat on my KLR.  Best money I spent on that bike, hands down.  

He does excellent work and is a pleasure to deal with.  I can't recommend him highly enough.

My tiger seat will be heading to him this winter.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

EvilBetty

I'm not sure what to think of mine yet.  I haven't tried it solo yet.  Only with the addition of a alaska butt pad, and I got sore a couple times on the way down to Jasper today.

If I rememeber I may pull the skin and try the seat alone on the way home.

GWL

There are so many innuendos in that last post from EB, I just don't know where to start! :lol:  :wink: It's like a "Carry On" film.  Carry On Tiger!? :lol:

EvilBetty

LOL

Well I left the skin on the bike all night and woke up to find it soaked in dew.  I pulled it and rode with just the seat.  It's dished out really well and seems to have a lot of support, but I was still hurting after 100 miles.  I think it's just me :)

If I stood up for just a few seconds I was ready to ride again for a few more miles.  Go numb and repeat :)

Medic09

Spencer just did the seats for my Girly.  The whole thing went back and forth in under 2 weeks.  Price was low.  Work is very good.

We emailed back and forth about my need to lower the seat as well as the mods he had outlined for EB (that I quoted from this thread to save him time).

Initially I'm very pleased, but I haven't been out of town yet.  Stay tuned.

As far as his general customer service goes, the guy is outstanding.
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four