News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Caspian Blue Girly Fairing on eBay

Started by EvilBetty, October 22, 2009, 02:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

Exactly.

But my 05 fairing had it, and my 01 fairing has it.

And this fairing doesn't have the eyebrow stickers so it has to be a 2005 or 2006 and it doesn't have the cut out.

So I'm not sure what the deal is.

I've long thought it might have a lot to do with the differing opinions of the screens.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

John Stenhouse

I'm guessing, but I think that's a repaint. Don't think Licifer was a 2000 colour.

What do you mean by a cutout? Do you mean the bit at the bottom of the screen which is in dented to let air behind the screen, if so that one is the same, in fact all the Girlies are the same.

If he wont ship that, PM me and I'll buy it for you and ship it
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

EvilBetty

Wow didn't read that very close.

If that is indeed off of a 2000 it would have the black eyebrow stickers on it.  Unless on 2000's they were not clear coated over.

As far as the cutout... Refering to the area between the windshield bolts.  This one doesn't have one.

But this one does....

John Stenhouse

Ah, I see what you mean about the cut out, I hadn't noticed that before.

John Stenhouse

Still must be a re paint, colours for the 2000 model are:

Eclipse Blue
Jet Black
Lightning Yellow

EvilBetty

I'll have to ask about that.

Repainting ED is expensive, even in the UK.  I wonder if it's not really from a 2000.

jsingraham

That goofy bastard that bought that fairing for $25 was me!!!!! :D

Couldn't resist for that price.  But, if you notice, the dumb a$$ that listed it had it listed as being a 2007, so some may have overlooked it.  I emailed him and he said, it is just as you see in the picture, thats a 2007 model.  So I shut up and didn't tell him any different and placed my bid!

Jason
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

EvilBetty

:D

I see that a lot from people who seem very sure of what they are selling but couldn't be more wrong.

atokad

Quote from: "jsingraham"That goofy bastard that bought that fairing for $25 was me!!!!! :D

Couldn't resist for that price.  But, if you notice, the dumb a$$ that listed it had it listed as being a 2007, so some may have overlooked it.  I emailed him and he said, it is just as you see in the picture, thats a 2007 model.  So I shut up and didn't tell him any different and placed my bid!

Jason

I don't think anyone called you a goof bastard, but I would call you a LUCKY SOB. Geez, $25...:BangHead did you have to post up here and rub it in.   :twisted:

Any true Tiger owner could tell it wasn't an '07 fairing, lucky find for sure!   :occasion14

EvilBetty