News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Caspian Blue Girly Fairing on eBay

Started by EvilBetty, October 22, 2009, 02:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

atokad

Holy friggin Tiger Sh@t!!

$25, are you kidding me?!?!

I need to look in on this forum a little more often!  :evil:

Fe Man

I might buy it as a spare!

atokad

Quote from: "Fe Man"I might buy it as a spare!

Umm, the whole point of my previous post and rant was that is SOLD for $25!  Somebody must not have known what they are really worth. I certainly would paid that and then some for a spare. It'd be fun and easy (at that price) to pick up spare plastics and get a cool  custom paint job done.

EvilBetty

Biggest problem with parts for our tigers is that they are rare, and that there is no demand for them until someone needs them.

My luck with body panels has been when I need something, so does everyone else.  And when I want to sell it... no one wants it at all.

Nick Calne

For all the motorbikes I've ever owned that have had plastics panels, I have stocked on cheap replacements from ebay.  My plan has always paid off.  Keep an eye on ebay, it's amazing what you can find.  For instance I bought a steamer petrol tank for £8 last month.  Yes that's $12 approx.....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

EvilBetty

Sorry, should have clarified that they are rare in the US.

Been watching eBay (US, UK and GER) and Craigslist.org (Nationwide) since November of 2008.  Not a single Lucifer Orange fairing (without brows), top case, or reasonably priced panniers or lids yet.

I've seen loads of brand new pannier sets in the UK but shipping would make that completely impracticable.

But I keep looking :)

Nick Calne

If I see anything here going for a song, I'll let you know.  I have a look every other day or so.

atokad

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Sorry, should have clarified that they are rare in the US.

Been watching eBay (US, UK and GER) and Craigslist.org (Nationwide) since November of 2008.  Not a single Lucifer Orange fairing (without brows), top case, or reasonably priced panniers or lids yet.

I've seen loads of brand new pannier sets in the UK but shipping would make that completely impracticable.

But I keep looking :)

EB, you might want to call 1/2 dozen or so Triumph dealers around the Midwest and tell them what you are looking for. I know there was a guy here in Denver that had a deal with one of the local Triumph and Duc shops to buy their scratch and dent items. He was posting them on Ebay. Since I was local I went and looked at some side cases and a tank that he had but the prices were pretty high.

I won't tell you what color they were!  :shock:

But that was probably about June of 2008.  :?

EvilBetty

I've called some.  Particularly some shops that forum members said were known to keep things like that sitting around.  No joy.

atokad

Well then, I guess you'll just have to by an Orange 1050!!  I've seen plenty of them for sale on the various boards.  :D

EvilBetty

I have too.  Some of them very good deals... but I really want one with ABS and I haven't seen a Blazing Orange ABS 1050 yet... :)

Gawd I'm a picky SOB.

Nick Calne

EvilBetty

Heh I just found that one this morning!  I emailed the seller asking if they would ship to the US.

I wish I understood why some Girly fairings have the top cut out of them and others don't.  Not sure which is the later design.

Both of my fairings have it cut out.

atokad

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Heh I just found that one this morning!  I emailed the seller asking if they would ship to the US.

I wish I understood why some Girly fairings have the top cut out of them and others don't.  Not sure which is the later design.

Both of my fairings have it cut out.

MY '06 HAS THE CUT OUT. I am assuming you are talking about the indented part at the top where the windscreen attaches. I figure it for airflow through to the backside of the windscreen to eliminate pressure issues.