News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

They got Me

Started by swamper650, October 23, 2009, 07:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamper650

Riding since i was 12, 53 years on 2 wheels. Do the math. Got rear ended by a cager yesterday. If you were on 69 heading out of Prescott Az. in that huge back up, was me in a 7 car muck up.
 Car headed west in the east bound lanes. Traffic stopped, I was stopped. Thankfully I was in gear and watching the mirrors. Saw the tire smoke before I heard the tires scream. Dumped the clutch and almost made it  into the oncoming lane.
 Got punted from the rear, but stayed upright. So far looks like rear fender and right saddlebag/mount. No broken bones, but am sore and dizzy this am.
  Police and hospital staff comforting and professional. Many thanks to them .
 Sure cancelled out my plans to run up to the north rim of the Canyon this weekend.
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding

TheMule

Wow!

Glad you are alright, pretty scary stuff. I trust you're having the docs keep an eye on you? There's always another chance to visit the North Rim (its been down to single digits at night anyway). Take care and I hope the "side effects" of the accident are short lived.

take care,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

Nick Calne

Take it easy for a few days! Hope you and the bike patch up quickly.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

RT

Man, am glad your ok!.    See you leave the Florida RATS and look what happens.

Black Tiger with a busted up rear, dang.

After all the years in Florida dodging blue hairs you gotta get thumped in AZ.

Just glad your ok.

Be safe my friend............we miss riding with ya down in the sunshine state.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

Medic09

Lottsa Blue Hairs in AZ these days...

Glad you're okay!  Bike can be fixed...
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

HappyMan

Tough break.  Sorry to hear of the accident.  Those rear enders scare the crap out of me.  I hate it when traffic stops.... :evil:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

JetdocX

Makes me wonder why CA is the only state to allow lane spliting.  Would not have happened if you were between cars. :evil:
From parts unknown.

HappyMan

Yes, lane splitting is much safer and very misunderstood.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

aeronca

glad your ok. hope all is well.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Well done managing that, experience wins over the losses in reaqction times. There are some advantages to being grey, or so I keep telling myself  :lol: Glad you are only stirred.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

SERadtke

Glad you're OK! I always watch my mirrors when stopped. Good thing you were.
Shawn
<((()))><

Stupid people are PROOF that evolution is a hoax!

BigMark

Good to hear that your ok mate.

KuzzinKenny

rearended  :shock:  its a bikers worst nightmare, glad you were on the ball and saw it comin !! hope you and yer Tigger mend fast !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly