News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

guy martin isle of man tt.#1

Started by aeronca, October 26, 2009, 05:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

guy martin is my favorite tt racer ever, even though i cant understand half of what he say's :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXc29Zg ... re=related
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Dude!  That's sick. :shock:
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Mustang

aeronca

hooooooooooooly freakin crap :shock:   the isle of man is the greatest race ever!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe7F6cOk ... re=related
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

NeilD

Quote from: "aeronca"guy martin is my favorite tt racer ever....

he's a real character.. he was featured on TV during the TT giving his recipe for a pefect cup of tea!  :)  he's reasonably local to me and was racing a 'classic' Suzuki recently at Cadwell Park..

aeronca

that would be cool to see him race. on one of the disc's i have of the 09' tt, they show that interview of him making tea - freakin hillarious :lol:

in fact here it is
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

zadok_oz

I'll be seeing him on Sunday week when he comes to our neck of the woods for an international race meet. :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Bixxer Bob

He's in our branch of Hein Gericke (Peterboro') on Sat 14 Nov 1400-1700hrs; hope to see him then.  You can tell by the 120 word-per-minute speech and wild, staring eyes that he's permanently wired (I mean in a nice way, he's a really nice guy,,,, no I don't want to have his babies... :oops: )
I guess that to ride public roads through towns and country at an average of 128 mph over the whole 37 miles at the TT you have a brain that can compute twice as fast as the average human.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aeronca

i tell you - if he gave up racing, he would have one hell of a good career as an auctioneer :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Advwannabe

Was watching these guys do their thing on a TT highlights package on Monday night. I just can't imagine a Motogp rider being able to stay with them, looks like quite a different discipline.

One of our Journos, Sam Maclacklan, got a supersport gig with one of the top outfits at tne Macau GP a few years ago. He did the practices but sat out the race. He was honest enough to say he'd bottled it. Smart man.

I know I sure as hell couldn't do it. Respect
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Nick Calne

I have got to go to the TT.  Can't make 2010, anyone coming to 2011?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Bit too soon to say.  I won't be at the TT next year as I'm planning to go to th first GP at Silverstone 3 Jun whihc is the start of the TT.

Might do 2011; usually go with a bunch of mates who go every year.  We camp in Douglas and to get ferry tickets you need to be looking for them coming on sale from the beginning of the previous October.

We usually go Thursday of practice week so we're there for Mad Sunday (usually rest up and drink beer as you want to be alive on Monday).... Then we come home the following Sat when races have finished.

Give be a shout in about 11 months....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

zadok_oz

Here he is having his cuppa straight after his first race

Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i