News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help with fuel connectors!!!

Started by drdane, July 23, 2004, 11:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdane

Hi everybody!

Had my '51 Tiger 955i for about six months. Bought it as damaged repairable. Due to endless niggles, I am only now getting the beast on the road!

My question is this....

Due to my enthusiasm/ineptitude I forgot to make a note of which fuel line connector goes where........

Does the red one go on the top connector or the bottom one?

What will happen if I connect them the wrong way?

Thanks for your time

DrDane :D

Lojack

If it is tha same as the Daytona the red is on the bottom. I will look on my Tiger for you tomorrow.

drdane

:D Thanks Lojack, I would imagine that it is the same as the Daytona.

Hopefully I will fire up the beast this afternoon.

drdane

Hi Lojack!

Yep, you were right about the connectors. Red goes at the bottom.

Tiger is now up and running!

Thanks very much for your help.

DrDane :D  :D  :D

Lojack

I'm glad I could help and have fun.   :wink:  :twisted:

Robbie

Quote from: "drdane"Hi everybody!

Does the red one go on the top connector or the bottom one?

What will happen if I connect them the wrong way?

I hope that it dosn't matter as my red connector is at the top!! it has been that way for a while.

the first time I took the tank off I didn't check and looking at the routing of the pipes it would be difficult to fit them with the red on the bottom so knowing the problems with stress on the connectors fited them the way I thought they should go.
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

Howlin

Just checked my 03 Tiger,tank has never been off.Red is on top.
Maybe it doesn't make a diff.Hmmm.

Quote from: "Howlin"Just checked my 03 Tiger,tank has never been off.Red is on top.

Maybe it doesn't make a diff.Hmmm.

It actually does not matter which one is on top. The system is such that the pump just pressurises the fuel rail and any petrol that is not used by the injectors is simply pumped back to the tank.  So if you swap the connector around, the petrol just goes the other way around the circuit.

drdane

:D Thanks for your help guys, if the original way of connecting the pipes is with the red at the top then maybe I should swap them round.......?

As Blacktiger says though, it doesn't seem to matter. It seems to run fine.

I do have the engine management warning light on at the moment, but I was told by a Triumph mechanic that this is because the tank has been dry(its been painted). He said that after 3 or 4 runs, the fault should clear itself and the light should go off.

We'll see!

Thanks again!

DrDane

:D  :D