News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Right Hand Switch Gear

Started by Bixxer Bob, November 03, 2009, 12:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

If you're looking for right-hand switch gear that includes an on/off switch for the lights it's worth looking a bit wider than Tiger.  On Ebay, I found (and was outbid on) a set from a 1200 Trophy and eventually won a set from a 900RS for only £15.  :P

It's worth noting that none of the Daytonas have the light switch from what I've seen and I did consider changing left and right gear to the old Trident / Sprint switchgear because I like the squared-off, chunky looks of them, but in the end this was cheaper.

I'll let you know if they're plug and play when I get round to fitting them....  :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Stretch

I have a UK-spec right-hand switchgear, which includes the headlights switch.  If I recall, it's a Tiger part for 2004 and earlier UK models....

Switch, Handlebar, RH... Triumph Part Number: T2040128

Sin_Tiger

That's interesting, I was considering fitting one of the Trailtech switches for aux lamps or an Autoswitch but that might be a simpler solution.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Stretch

atokad

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Stretch"Plug-n-play, baby.

Cheers Stretch.  My plastics are in better condition than the switchgear I bought, so I'll probably swap the internals.

To respond to the request for pics, the one I bought with the light switch is here:

The 2004 onward (not absolutely certain about the year....) Tiggs didn't have the light switch above the start button, instead they have a blanking plate.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Stretch

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"The 2004 onward (not absolutely certain about the year....) Tiggs didn't have the light switch above the start button, instead they have a blanking plate.

Right.  I'm not sure about the year either, but that is the Triumph part number, if anybody wants to buy one new.

More info here:  http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5327

abruzzi

USA spec steamers also had no light on/off switch, but I bought a UK spec rh switch which did have the light switch ($20 cheaper for more functionality.)

Geof

Bixxer Bob

I read about buying the one with the light switch fitted from the dealer on here a while ago, but - being tighter than a torqued-up head-bolt - I wanted a cheap solution, hence cruising Ebay for options.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Stretch"Plug-n-play, baby.

:ImaPoser

Oh how I laughed when I thought about your comment as I surveyed the scene: screen off, indicators off, cowl off, handguard off, headlight assembly off, knuckles bleeding (from trying to get the plug through the wire hoop under the top yoke) and two sets of switch gear in pieces on the bench.

To be fair,  I was swapping bits because my switch housing was in better condition than the pre-owned one.  

But it's plug and play in the Bill Gates / Microsoft context ...  :lol: