News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Introducing Dan!!

Started by Dan, November 21, 2009, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Hiya people.

Thought I'd best introduce myself. Name is Dan. Pick up my first Tiger (955i) on Monday. Currently ride a Fireblade but time was right to change to something more ... useful.

Figured I'd best find a Tiger forum in case I need to pick collective brains!

Live a stones throw from the factory too!!

See you around!
If I was any better, I\'d be twins!!!

2001 Girly = Swiss Army Knife
2010 Blade = Scalpel

John Stenhouse

Welcome aboard Dan, dish the dirt then, what colour, what year and can we have some pics please!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Dan

Well, any excuse to upload some piccies :D

2002, 8000 miles on the clock. And in the fastest colour of course!!!

2010 Blade = Scalpel

John Stenhouse

Sweet! Get some crash bars on the beast, they do like lying down for a rest just when you least expect it!  :lol:

Dan

First things on my shopping list, engine bars and spots... Will have a nosey round NEC weekend coming. If I don't see any there, then I actually have to go shopping!!

Oh I neglected to mention the best bit. TheWife paid the difference between the part ex and the asking price!! Int she lovely  :thumbsup

2010 Blade = Scalpel

John Stenhouse

KuzzinKenny

Hey Dan !! Welcome to the Tigger forum !!

"2002 8000 miles on the clock" its barely run in  :D

"TheWife paid the difference between the part ex and the asking price"

better not let her out of yer sight  :lol:

theres loads of great info on here and loads of  :Topes  you just have to sort it out !!

have fun !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

TigerTrax

Hey... Toss a stone at the factory and yell " Wake Up". .. REAL
Tiger riders want the  BIG TRAILEE BACK..!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Hey... Toss a stone at the factory and yell " Wake Up". .. REAL
Tiger riders want the  BIG TRAILEE BACK..!

Too True

Dan

QuoteHey... Toss a stone at the factory and yell " Wake Up". .. REAL
Tiger riders want the BIG TRAILEE BACK..!

Can be arranged, one of my favourite runs takes me past the front doors ....

2010 Blade = Scalpel

Nick Calne

Actually make it a brick rather than a stone.  Dual sport 1050 tiger please.

Welcome on board HMS tiger triple.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

HappyMan

Make it a couple of bricks and screw the 1050.  I want a 675 dual sport triple!!  Soon.....

Oh, and welcome to the site Dan!!!  Congrats on a gorgeous Girly!! :friday
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Dan"First things on my shopping list, engine bars and spots... Will have a nosey round NEC weekend coming. If I don't see any there, then I actually have to go shopping!!

Oh I neglected to mention the best bit. TheWife paid the difference between the part ex and the asking price!! Int she lovely  :thumbsup

I'm goingto the NEC next Friday to the preview day.  I have Touratech bars and a pair of Ring oval spots - not bad but looking for better - amongst other stuff.  It's worth studying the thread for installing a fused accessories power rail to make things easier.  there's not a lot of difference, but:

For clever people, here:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5255

And for the rest of us, here:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,6886
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Dan

Sure is! Read that thread yesterday!! Had my own version on the blade for heated grips and the satnav, purely cos the sat nav would still charge when the ignition was off.....

Sure like the look of that set up though. Have the tools and technology, will no doubt record my goings on as I do them, so prepare for pics and waffling :lol:

EDIT: Many thanks for providing links though, I'd missed that top one. Appreciate it. This forum is bulging at the seams with stuff ...

2010 Blade = Scalpel

Dan

Well, picked Tiger up tonight. Gotta say, first thing I noticed was the view!
Excellent view of the road. Power wise, it doesn't leave me wanting. I wasn't expecting it to, but I was still surprised at the effortless pull it has.

An enjoyable 50 mile ride home anyway and soooo comfortable!!
Anyway .... Get home, and I am going over the bike, adjusting all the little bits to suit me. Seat height, gear pedal position etc.

And I spy a zip tie ..... 'Hullo' thinks I .. Immediately thinking the worst, that the said zip tie is holding something together... Around the swing arm.. I'm thinking a chain guard or similar has come adrift and is being held in place ... So I get down on my knees.. Theres another zip tie...
'Oh gawd' thinks I. Upon bending down I see ... a black tube ...'Ooooo!' I follow the line of the tube to the rear sprocket...

Crikey it has a Scottoiler!! Dealer hadn't even noticed! I search for said accessory and find it is one of the full touring systems mounted behind the number plate. And one of the tidiest fittings I have seen too.

Gotta love a bonus eh ???   :D  :D

2010 Blade = Scalpel