News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Weather MidWest USA - Great Plains

Started by TigerTrax, November 29, 2009, 04:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

The weather for November has been almost perfect.

Cold nights warm days. Highs in high 40's - mid 60's+.

I've got my yard work done; New drywall up in the garage; New Mobil work bench; New fixed workbench arriving Thursday; Crown molding painted and ready for install. Bike is washed/waxed/ sports a new Marsee
Rocket Pocket tank bag ( I really like this alot  . . . stiff sides, deep compartment; Electronic tray; molded map cover. Sits there nice and steady.

So today I went for a ride. It felt good to get out. The air was brisk but
the sun was out.

Bad weather will be coming and the Tiger will go thru some changes.
I have a couple of nice rides planned for 2010. ( One is a BIG Tiger
gathering . . film at eleven).

So all you kitty whippers in the temperate climate. Enjoy the riding days you have left. Gear up for next season. Plan on joining us at one of the
'Tiger Streaks'
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

TigerTrax

Addendum: Maximus Tigress Workus Benchimum

Taking advantage of:
1. Good Weather
2. Finalizing New Drywall in Garage and getting #1's auto in the garage
    after one month.

I decided now was the time to build my 'mobil work bench'.
It is a 42" high Audio-Visual cart with 3 shelves. I placed ½" 18" x 24"
plywood top on it. Secured my metric socket tray; Countersunk holes for
all driver bits; Bored holes for 4 screwdrivers, magnetic retrieve tool and
mechanical fingers; A place for my Tiger manual; A place for SAE sockets
& drive; Front edge tray for pencils, markers, flashlight, etc, etc. There are 2 holes for retractable light and air hose blow gun; Small box for  pencil torch, solder, flux, and lighter. Today, I have a nice bright garage workspace. Saddle bags, top cases, and tank bag are on shelves . . . protected.

I figure it is 90% of what I need to work on that Tiger. This will save me steps

For me this is a big deal. . .  I have NOT had working access in my garage for eons of time. I decided something has to go. . . . and I started with the walls . . . even if it was nailed down  . . . it went!

I still have some graphics to place on the walls; Paint the ceiling; Install a new fixed workbench; install shop light; Epoxy the floor; Put in a small fridge; A neon clock; Computer & flatscreen monitor/TV; Speakers.

Heck, I may not go home!

EvilBetty

Some day I too will make this a priority.  I always said it wouldn't be a big deal.  I' just pull the cars out each time I need to use the garage for man's work.

Well with the addition of the bikes that is 4 vehicles that have to be outed in order to use my garage now.  I've either got to move or get inventive... again...  Getting 2 cars and 2 bikes in a single door 2 car garage was my last magic act.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

flux

I kicked our cars out of the garage YEARS ago.  They have roofs, a little rain won't hurt them.  

Now I have room to spread out when I work.  I have a huge workbench with tons of tools I have no idea how to use!  It's great!  

Plus, my wife sells horse saddles so one half the garage is saddles and the other half is bike shit.   8)

Bixxer Bob

I was going to list what I have in my single one-car garage.  Then I realised if anyone reading it knows where I live I'm just asking to be burgled... :roll:

You can never have enough toys ergo doing anything is a nightmare....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

TigerTrax

Bixxer . . .
You are fooling yourself.

We all know where you live, what you've got!

It's a 'friendly world' now! There is no worry of
starvation, theft, or bodily harm....

we're all holding hands singing the Coke song!

What time do you leave for work?

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Bixxer . . .
You are fooling yourself.

We all know where you live, what you've got!

It's a 'friendly world' now! There is no worry of
starvation, theft, or bodily harm....

we're all holding hands singing the Coke song!

What time do you leave for work?

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  .....  :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Colonel Nikolai

I've got a single car detached, no insulation and it has to house at least one car at all times because of the high crime in the hood here (They don't call it "Murderapolis" for nothing :shock: ).

The floor is badly cracked and heaved from a previous owner that thought an 18" diameter elm growing 3' away from the wall wasn't a problem  :roll:

I do manage to keep my tiger there tucked in alongside the car, but I can't even leave the car in the driveway overnight: someone will throw a brick through the window in hopes I left something worth stealing in it. Very frustrating.

I have dreams of building a 2-car heated garage with a little office on top, but I did a quick estimate that this would cost me about $20,000 to have someone build this here. I could probably build it myself for $7,500, but $7,500, heck that's two steamers?!?! Hard to justify.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Tiger04

I always thought that once you get a bike it becomes the priority vehicle to be garaged. :)  :lol: My Tiger is the only vehicle in the garage year round!!! :headbang  :thumbsup  :rock
Henry
13 Tiger in Beautiful Sapphire Blue
"Tigers aren't for wimps"

Colonel Nikolai

Henry that would be the case with me too except for the annoying brick through the car winder every so often.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.