News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pulling problems at higher speeds

Started by tomabram, August 03, 2004, 01:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomabram

I am asking this for a mate who has a tiger. If he tries to accelerate at over about 85 the bike just doesnt go, it is very sluggish etc. He didnt have this problem before he got it serviced but the guy who serviced it says he didnt do anything that would casue this, it was just an oil change clean the plugs etc. He has taken it back to the servicer and he has cleaned out the carbs, redone the plugs etc but to no avail.

Anyone experienced this problem or got any ideas on how to fix it.

Cheers

Tom

I would say that, as it's quite a strip down to get to the plugs, he hasn't reassemble it properly. i.e. the airbox might not be seated correctly or sommat like that.

tomabram

Sussed it, the timing belt was out by a full 4 teeth. Suprised it ran at all and didnt bend any valves.

Thanks to anyone who looked anyway

Tom