News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New (another) helmet...

Started by EvilBetty, January 14, 2010, 10:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

aeronca

really nice helmet. last year when i bought my new hjc is-33, i looked at that model as well, and it was a toss up. i really like that one alot. good choice, you will enjoy 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

tazshido

A couple years ago I bought a Caberg Justissimo Helmet on Ebay. I paid about $100. It is a fantastic helmet with all the features you would expect from a premium lid. The optically perfect faceshield doesn't distort at all and has a wonderful anti-fog finish. It is a modular design which was important to me because I like the protection that a full face provides but I love being able to lift the chinbar completely to hear or speak to a fellow rider beside me or deal with the gas station clerks. Another plus I have found to the modular is that the fit can be made more snug, without all that gap at the chin. It has a very nice removable, washable liner. The coolest feature is the military aviation style, flip down, tinted sun shield. I love being able to transition between tinted and clear with the flick of a finger.
    I'll warn you though. When I received mine it was a european model and so did not have the DOT label. After a little research I found out the the Euro models and US models are identical except for the label. Since Wyoming doesn't require helmet use, I don't have to worry about conforming to law, and really, how many Police Officers are going to scrutinize me that close that they catch the lack of a sticker on a full face helmet.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "tazshido"...how many Police Officers are going to scrutinize me that close that they catch the lack of a sticker on a full face helmet>

All of the North Wales Traffic Taliban (traffic police) for a start..... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

cosmo

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"All of the North Wales Traffic Taliban (traffic police) for a start..... :roll:

I really don't see any bitterness here, though. :ImaPoser

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

EvilBetty

LOL.

I'm not much of a 3/4 helmet guy.   Too many visuals of landing on my chin a 80mph  :shock:

But I love that whine color, and I thought I'd see how comfortable it is in the 90 degree heat this summer :)

I need a black Tiger now... hmmm...

aeronca

old mustang own 7/8th of world population of black tiger's, so you'll have to ask him :lol:  :ImaPoser
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

old school is cool
I love my 3/4 helmet , if I still had my old bell from the 70's I would probably still wear that , and be just like Steve McQueen , well in my dreams anyway   :ImaPoser
I only wear my full face flip up in the winter for protection from the wind ...............15 degrees F is pretty damn cold at 60 mph .

oxnsox

Quote from: "Mustang"..... if I still had my old bell from the 70's I would probably still wear that........
...I had one of these. Don't think my neck could suppport the weight of it now... :lol:  :lol:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EvilBetty

Carved from a 15lb bowling ball was it?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"All of the North Wales Traffic Taliban (traffic police) for a start..... :roll:

I though I read somewhere that they had reinvented themselves as all Huggy Biker friendly now  :wink:

It's the same deal in Australia I am told, a different approval system from anybody else.

Same is true in Singapore, a country this size needs it's own approval standard  :roll: The irony is that a percentage of the imports of each batch needs to be tested to destruction. So you can buy a S$ 40 helmet made in China that has the lowest rating but a sticker just the same, or you can buy a S$1000 Shuberth (sold with an Export Only advisory) and risk a fine  :?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Colonel Nikolai

The Hurt Report and other motorcycle safety studies that have been done afterward showed that the chin-piece of the full-face helmet gets hit more and more often than any other part of the helmet in an accident. Makes sense: you often lock up the front wheel and it'll wash out so you're either going down on your shoulder or your chin. This is why you won't ever see me wearing anything but a full face helmet.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

EvilBetty

Exactly...

Maybe I'll save it for my 49cc scooter :D

Colonel Nikolai

EB, that's EXACTLY the graphic I was thinking of when I wrote that but I couldn't figure out where I saw it! This is the veritable gnat's-ass-finding ability in full form!  :D
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.