News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Silver and Green Sports Screens

Started by EvilBetty, January 15, 2010, 12:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

There have been lightning yellow ones in the UK a lot lately...

Just checked though and I don't see one currently listed.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

SPRINTMAYBE

Decided to look for a chopped stock screen instead. Anyone got one for sale?

EvilBetty

Alright, then I'm sniping the green one... Stay away! :D

Bella1967

Hey EB, I did not see any bids going for the green one. I would like to have the silver one (7 more min), since I have a 2005 silver Tiger 955i. Sounds like these things will fit our model.
2005 Tiger 955i

2007 Vulcan 2000

Bella1967

2005 Tiger 955i

2007 Vulcan 2000

EvilBetty

Thank god!  Snipped that lil green bastard with 3 seconds left  :lol:

Saw the silver one had 3 bids.

I emailed the guy and asked him if he was including any mounting hardware.  I don't have a clue how these attach.

Bella1967

Well I thought you knew these things fit the Tiger! :) I hope we will just take the existing screws and thread them from the inside into the screens. We will see if the holes line up. If not, I'll sell mine for $30 next week - ha!
Let me know how it works out, I assume you'll get yours quicker.
2005 Tiger 955i

2007 Vulcan 2000

brad1098

Uh......geez Bella. Thanks for bumping me off the Silver one......course you only have three posts and they are all in this particular thread...today...so I guess you are new around here.  WELCOME to the forum!!  :?
02 black-Lorna

EvilBetty

Quote from: "Bella1967"Got it!  :lol:

Ya if you look through the thread someone else had already called dibs on it to try to prevent us from going into a bidding war with each other.

EvilBetty

Quote from: "Bella1967"Well I thought you knew these things fit the Tiger! :) I hope we will just take the existing screws and thread them from the inside into the screens. We will see if the holes line up. If not, I'll sell mine for $30 next week - ha!

Yes I was fairly certain they fit the tiger, which is why I posted them here, but I'm not sure how the mounting system works.  Not sure if they were supplied with longer screws (which are not included) or other kit.

n4naked

Quote from: "Bella1967"Well I thought you knew these things fit the Tiger! :) I hope we will just take the existing screws and thread them from the inside into the screens. We will see if the holes line up. If not, I'll sell mine for $30 next week - ha!

nope, doesn't work like that.

just hope that the seller sends the special screws with the screen.

Bella1967

Quote from: "brad1098"So what's the verdict.  Looks like sports screen to me.  Im interested in Silver one.  Will probably bid near end of auction

Yeah I am new to this forum, but not to free enterprise. The only bid was days old, so you said you "might" get in at the end. I saw no bids on the green one, but I would have to repaint it and EB said CLEARLY to stay away from that one - now that is a clear statement.

Maybe it will not fit mine and you can have it after all.
2005 Tiger 955i

2007 Vulcan 2000

EvilBetty

These screens will fit any 1999-2006 Tiger.

Mustang

Quote from: "Bella1967"
Quote from: "brad1098"So what's the verdict.  Looks like sports screen to me.  Im interested in Silver one.  Will probably bid near end of auction

Yeah I am new to this forum, but not to free enterprise. The only bid was days old, so you said you "might" get in at the end. I saw no bids on the green one, but I would have to repaint it and EB said CLEARLY to stay away from that one - now that is a clear statement.

Maybe it will not fit mine and you can have it after all.

All is fair in love and EBAY
that's the ebay way you bid and hope you get it , it's an auction ................if you want it bad enough you pay for it with higher bids , that's how ebay works .

EvilBetty

I agree and I'm not mad at anybody here, but as a general rule it would be cool if we could discuss an action here and not get in a bid war with our friends.

If you do, you probably shouldn't post back that you did it :)