News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Noob to the site, former owner of a '95 Steamer

Started by ericw94061, January 18, 2010, 04:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericw94061

Howdy!  I put 50k miles on my '95 Tiger but was a moron and sold it a few years ago for a VStrom 1000 (hated it!).  Now ride a '03 Hayabusa ~17k miles/year as my commute/sporttour/biggrin bike, and am looking for a better bike for two tall&big people (me 6'3 240# she 5'11 180(?)).  Thought about a KTM Adv950/990 but you inmates talked me into getting back into the Tiger game (smoother engine, maybe more reliable, she's got a bad back and the Tigger's softer, etc.).

So here's a Q--I found a 2006 Tiger bone-stock with sidebags and 6k miles on it for $6k.  Is that a good deal or should I hold out for one with more farkles (engine guards, topbox, etc.)?  Anything I should watch out for?

Thanks,
Eric
\'06 Tiger, \'03 Hayabusa, lotsa bikes previously incl. \'95 Tiger

wasions

Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

JetdocX

Yes, buy and go riding with me.   :D
From parts unknown.

Colonel Nikolai

Sounds like a peach with low miles! I'd say buy it!
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

+1 Sounds like a decent deal.

Go riding with JD  8)  just find someone else to go servicing with as he doesn't anymore  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint