News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How many tiger owners work in the IT sector?

Started by Colonel Nikolai, January 18, 2010, 09:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kooba

Electrician aka sparky aka wire jerker
Current bike: 2006 Triumph Tiger (Black)
First bike: 1974 Honda XL 100
Other bike: 1978 Kawasaki Z650

aeronca

i do what jetdocx does 8). although, i wish i drove a snow groomer - or a zamboni :)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

cosmo

Sales. Have been near all my life. Now it's new cars. Back in the day, I did a stint repairing microwave ovens and other large appliances, but they got cheaper than the repair, so disposable.

I tried to learn IT, but was too old at the time, and had no time to devote to the learning process, as I needed to pay bills.

Kinda glad I stayed away, seems rather cutthroat.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

ArcticTiger

Forest engineer. But do not work in the forestery business any more. Miss it. Now a production manager in a small company.
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

oxnsox

BB, maybe your unique training has all been well planned.
"The computers broke what do we do Sgt."
"Launch it"
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Spend some time on a carrier?  :wink:

Nah, Royal Air Force.  Used to make aircraft components, got into IT when computer aided machining took off in a big way in the 80s.  Then did a long stint as mech engineer on air defence radars; the arrestor gear is fitted to all of our fast jet runways.  Either arrestor nets:

http://www.amsafe.com/products/detail.p ... e=business

Or RHAG (rotary hydraulic arrestor gear) a steel cable streched across the runway that fast jets can hook in an emergency.  I could bore you for hours.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HappyMan

I own a company that provides low voltage installations which includes networking...... :roll:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

hobie

I'm a Java developer
Hobie

Black \'98 Steamer.
It\'s not ugly, it\'s uglificent.

kelpie_67

I own a restaurant - IT is foreign to me!
2000 885i yellow - can you see me now?

coachgeo

The "it" sector?  is that like someone who works for Guchi bags, or some famous fashion marvel Stiletto Heels for woman? :wink:

What is the "it" of today anyway.... Im so out of touch with what's "it"/"cool" much less what is in "vogue" :lol:

Maybe I need a different kind of bike.  Those who are really into needing to be the "it" of the party.... aint my kinda crowd  :D  :lol:  :wink:  :lol:
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Mustang

Quote from: "coachgeo"The "it" sector?  is that like someone who works for Guchi bags, or some famous fashion marvel Stiletto Heels for woman? :wink:

What is the "it" of today anyway.... Im so out of touch with what's "it"/"cool" much less what is in "vogue" :lol:

Maybe I need a different kind of bike.  Those who are really into needing to be the "it" of the party.... aint my kinda crowd  :D  :lol:  :wink:  :lol:

Information Technology = computer geeks

coachgeo

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "coachgeo"The "it" sector?  is that like someone who works for Guchi bags,...
Information Technology = computer geeks
yes I know.  Guess a new career as a comedy writer is out of the question for me. :oops:
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Mustang

I kinda thought but wasn't sure

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Mustang"Information Technology = computer geeks

Welcome to the future...  look at all the fun we have with Tuneboy.... :ImaPoser

I wish it wasn't so, but the only way to avoid it is to run an old(ish) bike.  But if I'm having too good a time, and am happy and carefree and need a stress fix,  I go tinker with my old 350 2-stroke.  I love the smell but boy is she temperamental...  :?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...