News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB: Corbin for 2000-2006 Tiger

Started by ThreePutt, January 19, 2010, 12:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreePutt

WTB: Corbin for 2000-2006 Tiger.  I know this is a long shot.  I've got a factory top case so I need one without the mount for the passenger back rest.

I'm bumping this back to the top. The seat I found would not work with the Triumph top case. I think it might be an older build, that could be the problem. There just isn't enough room. I had to bang on it, forcing it on and then I couldn't get it off. It was wedged tight up against the rear rack. I had to take a pry bar to it.

Anyway, STILL looking for a used Corbin without the passenger back rest hole.

Thanks
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

Buffalo

I have one in good shape fits my 05, I don't care for it. I will sell it for a fair price, not sure what they are worth these days. Let me know if interested.
\'05 Tiger 955i
74 Suzuki GT550

ThreePutt

Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

Tom Herold

I found a Corbin with the backrest mount and have the Triumph factory top box. If you find the seat won't lock into the latch, add a couple of shims (or washers) to the seat latch mounting screws to adjust it's height a little and the seat will snap right in.  :D
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

ThreePutt

I had an 03 Tiger with the top case and couldn't for the life if me get it to work.  The latch wasn't the problem, but I know what you're talking about.  Every Corbin seat I've had needed the latch shimmed.  I've had a couple of people tell me that if I put the case on first, then the seat it will work, that there is JUST enough room.

So, I'll risk buying one with the mount hole.  Anyone have one laying around they're not using?  Send me a picture and a price.

Thanks!
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

Tom Herold

yeah, put the box on first, then slide the seat in-place. That's the only way I can get mine on too.
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

ThreePutt

Found one.  Thanks John.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

Timbox2

would you believe, a brand new ex-display one of these went for £50 on UK ebay today, bargain for someone.
2016 Tiger Sport

ThreePutt

I'm bumping this back to the top.  The seat I found would not work with the Triumph top case.  I think it might be an older build, that could be the problem.  There just isn't enough room.  I had to bang on it, forcing it on and then I couldn't get it off.  It was wedged tight up against the rear rack. I had to take a pry bar to it.

Anyway, STILL looking for a used Corbin without the passenger back rest hole.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT