News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

National Rally

Started by BigMark, January 20, 2010, 10:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMark

Anyone going to this? Be nice to see a  streak or an Ambush of Tigers (that means more than one)

John Stenhouse

The only National I know is the 500 mile overnight job, is that the one you mean? If not where and when?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

BigMark

Sorry John, Lack of information is my speciality!

Yes that's the one, of course it varies in length and time from 150 – 540miles or there abouts...

http://www.nationalroadrally.co.uk/2010/index.php

HockleyBoy

I may have another go this year (last did it in 2006) if time allows. Really enjoyed it last time and keep meaning to take part but work/home allways seem to be in the way!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

blacktiger

I did it for the first time last year and found it tedious because most of it had to be done over night so you can't enjoy the scenery. Also, because of the mileage for a gold award, you had to do too many motorways and major roads. I'll not bother again.
For 1000% more enjoyment, you should do either the Welsh or the Scottish versions. Wales is an all day job through great scenery and great roads. The Scottish is similar but much faster because the roads are empty and faster.
I did all three last year and got the Three Nations Award.
I'm starting to make a habit of doing the Welsh. This year will be my third running.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.