News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thinking of a Girly

Started by Lostviking, January 23, 2010, 01:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostviking

Is there any real advantage in going with the later years. I must admit the '05 in BRG looks mighty sweet. I need to find some inmate close to Oneonta NY to get an educated walk around.

I went an tried a BMW F800GS, I liked it but not enough to pull the trigger. Also tried a R1200R. If I was looking for a dedicated street bike this would be it. It was 17 degrees F the day I went so I had to take it easy.

Haven't seen many Tigers pop up for sale lately. I guess that's a good thing.
Find A Way

tazshido

Quote from: "Lostviking"Haven't seen many Tigers pop up for sale lately. I guess that's a good thing.

Try cycletrader.com and be prepared to travel for it. They are out there.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Advwannabe

I've got a fair few miles on the 1150 and 1200 GS and like them both, specificaly the telelever front end and the low center of gravity.

But to put it into perspective, I bought an '02 Tigger in 2006 with 15k on the clock with a full luggage kit. I've since added engine and radiator protection, three screens to figure that riddle out, a Hagon shock and now front suspension upgrade and lower footpegs ( thanks mustang).

I still have about three grand change from the price of an equivilent 1150GS before I start farkling and now in all but the slowest snotiest conditions the Tigger is far the better bike.

Then there's the horror stories in Oz about canbus and final drive failures. Suddenly the choice seems easy.

But if you decided to get a 1150 you would still have a great bike. Enjoy the choosing, it's one of the most fun parts
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Lostviking

In GS mode I like the 1150 more than the 1200. They do seem to have their problems though. However I also know of some that have gone well over 100,000 miles with very few issues. Canbus only comes into play on the 1200 hexhead series.

I'm convinced the Tiger is a better value. I just need to take the time to find the right one. Somewhere in a heated garage is a sweet Tiger with about 6K on the clock and farkled up nice just waiting to be liberated.
Find A Way

Tom Herold

Take a look at craiglook.com, it's a craigslist scrubber that'll pop up everything related to what you're seeking.

I typed in Triumph Tiger and wound up with a dozen bikes for sale across the US.
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton