News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Supercharger!!!

Started by lotuselanplus2s, January 29, 2010, 01:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lotuselanplus2s

Hi ,just wondering,i'm building a chopper based on a Steamer engine,you remember i asked about the wiring diagram,well Mustang did say that it was going to be a rocket ship,well it started me thinking,a friend of mine who always tries to get the better of me(we were riding classic Triumphs )he bought a Kawasaki KZ1100 to keep me quiet,so i'm building my Tiger chop,i'm with 885 cc and 85 BHP,he has 1200cc and 120 BHP,but he must be loads heavier,i'm going for a sleeper,it must look (at least at a distance)like a classic 40's Triumph,so what i'm about,i have a supercharger from a Toyota Levin (Roots type),it has its own oil system so i don't have to worry about that,i will have to build a drive system on the left side of the engine (no prob),and i'll have to lower the 10.6 to 1 compression (custom thicker head gasket)should be able to get the same 120 BHP,i'm missing the Tiger carbs any how so i'll just use a 45mm Weber twin barrel carb that i have here already,pull through the carbs and blow into the engine,so i was just wondering if you just might know of anyone who has done something like this ,it would be nice to know of any pit falls in advance. :twisted:  :roll:
Anthony M Hinds.

Mustang

I think you are going to be a first  :shock:

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

lotuselanplus2s

Hi EvilBetty,i have seen the vid on the Rocket 3 and i'm aware of the rotary supercharger that they use,i have a turbo charger inlet housing and impeller from a Komatsu front end loader that i was planning on making a supercharger with,however that was before i got the Roots type charger which i prefer,i think the displacment is more posative with it.Besides it looks so wicked and the sound is simply awsome.It really would make it a muscle bike. :twisted:  :roll: I will post a photo of the charger tomorrow evening. :D
Anthony M Hinds.