News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

my new frankenstein!!!!

Started by lazarus, February 04, 2010, 12:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazarus

hi everyone.
i've been checking out this site for a while now.finally registered as i've begun to sink my teeth in to resurrecting my 94 steamer that i got for an incredible $1400.Didn't come without it's issues though.
I have to rebuild the carbs,rebuild the front fairing bracket,rebuild the rear shock,along with a few other things.
anyways,i'm in to the carbs first.can anyone recommend a good complete rebuild kit,or is what comes from triumph the way to go?
i'm also a little baffled over how to remove the plastic piston guide from the carb.i don't want to damage it s i'm not sure if they come with the rebuild kit.i figure there must be some kind of trick..any ideas?
also,when i dissassembled the right carb,there was no needle jet in it.can anyone tell me why this would be?
thanks for helping me stumble along. :?
i\'m coming back soon........

Mustang

Quote from: "lazarus"also,when i disassembled the right carb,there was no needle jet in it.can anyone tell me why this would be?
thanks for helping me stumble along. :?
whoever worked on it was obviously a hack ..........
somebody screwed up ......there should have been a needle jet

bike bandit will have what you need to repair the bike but it is retail pricing just like at the dealer/stealer .
but they also have all the parts diagrams online which is a big plus for doing things to see how stuff goes back together .