News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cold oil?

Started by 97tiger885, February 01, 2010, 06:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

There have been several days in the 20s here in PA.  I am happy to say that the 885 has been starting with no problem.  Full choke, hit the starter, bang.   But I have noticed one thing.   I can barely move the mc.  It does not want to roll at all.   Could someone tell me what is going on?  I assume it has something to do with the main sprocket connecting to something in the engine where there is oil.

+++++++++
Jon

Mustang

cold thick oil in the gearbox = stiff to move ....also the clutch plates are probably grabbing with the thick ness of the cold oil .
If all is well after it warms up don't worry...... as the dealer would say " they all do that "

MIMbox

I suspect if you tried to flex the drive chain, you would find a fair amount of stiffness from there too, a warm chain is far more supple.